The Story of Community Birth: From Hospital Birth to Home Birth with Lauren Seidman
We have a very special episode today, as I write I realize I say this about almost every episode because they are all special to me! However, this is the episode that is very dear to me, the story of births in the community. These episodes are really special. I love hearing stories from our community about their births, and what makes today extra special is that my guest, Lauren Seidman, has been at the Prenatal Yoga Center for four births! Yes, she has four children. A few years ago, Lauren appeared on YBB about the birth of her second child and how she made the choice to go in a different direction for two children. She went in a completely different direction with her fourth child than she did with her first, second, and third child, which we talk about in today’s episode.
In today’s episode Yoga Birth babies Childbirth educator, doula, and mother of four, Lauren Seidman, talks about the completely different direction she took after giving birth to four children. Going by the name “cat out of the bag”, Lauren decided after three hospital births that she wanted to give birth at home. In our conversation, Lauren not only shares the beautiful birth story she experienced, she talks about what it was like when she told her friends and family, “Hey guys, I’m having a home birth,” and some of the pushback she received , and some of the misconceptions about home births she’s dealt with.
Listening to Lauren’s birth story kept a smile on my face the whole time. She paints the most beautiful picture of childbirth. All I could think about was the headlamp her midwife was shining on as she delivered the baby in the dark bathroom, it was truly fantastic. So, if you’re wondering about homebirth or just want to hear a really positive and empowering birth story, you’ll be interested to hear what Lauren has to say.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Lauren and how she got started in labor.
- Lauren’s first 3 deliveries.
- How Lauren’s birth influenced her decision to home birth her quadruplets.
- How Lauren’s family reacted to the news when she announced her intention to give birth at home.
- Misconceptions about home birth that Lauren dealt with.
- How was the immediate postpartum care and experience compared to Lauren’s three hospital deliveries.
- One last tip/advice Lauren would like to give to new and expectant parents.
- Where can I find work for Lauren?
Lauren is a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Instructor and is a full-spectrum doula trained through Doula Trainings International. She discovered her passion for childbirth through her own experience of pregnancy and childbirth. Lauren lives with her husband and four children in New York.
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 simple solutions for the most common pains during pregnancy HERE
- If you like what you’ve heard, please leave a rating and review! Yoga Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC community:
Instagram and Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center