The Benefits of Chiropractic During Pregnancy with Dr. Elliott Berlin
Have you ever wondered why some babies are naturally head down at 34 weeks and others are not? Or why some labors progress faster than others? It has a lot to do with what’s going on inside your body! For various reasons, there may be narrowings or imbalances that limit the child’s movements. Today on Yoga Birth | babies we dive into understanding how manual therapy works, how it benefits your baby, pregnancy and your body. And also Webster’s technique, what it is and how it can encourage the child to go head down. We’ll also talk about how manual therapy can help those planning a VBAC, and we’ll talk about the importance of making informed choices and decisions.
For this lively and engaging conversation, my guest today is Dr. Elliott Berlin, prenatal chiropractor, childbirth educator, birth support bodyworker, and co-founder of the Berlin Wellness Group. You may have also heard his podcast An informed pregnancy podcast (at which I had the honor to be a guest). He is a pleasure to talk to, down to earth and full of so much knowledge. You will get so much great information from this podcast.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Dr. Berlin and what led him to focus on pregnancy and chiropractic.
- How manual therapy works.
- How chiropractic benefits pregnancy.
- Reasons for which a child may be breech.
- Webster’s technique explained
- How chiropractic adjustments can encourage a child to turn their head down.
- How chiropractic benefits those hoping for a VBAC.
- Benefits of Chiropractic After Childbirth.
- One last tip/advice that Dr. Berlin would like to give to new or expectant parents.
- Where to find Dr. Berlin’s work.
About Dr. Berlin:
Dr. Elliott Berlin is an award-winning prenatal chiropractor, childbirth educator, bodyworker, and co-founder of the Berlin Wellness Group in Los Angeles, California. Dr. Berlin graduated with honors from Life University of Chiropractic in Atlanta, Georgia and the Atlanta School of Massage Therapy.
His separate education in massage, bodywork, and chiropractic is the foundation of his innovative methods of prenatal and postpartum care. The unique sessions of “Chirosage” calm and relax tense, painful muscles and restore the mobility of restricted joints. These 30-45 minute treatments effectively eliminate most pregnancy pain in just a few visits and promote a healthy, comfortable and functional pregnancy and create ideal conditions for birth.
Dr. Berlin’s Informed Pregnancy® Project aims to use a variety of media (podcasts, YouTube series, documentaries, and online seminars) to gather and provide unbiased information about pregnancy and childbirth to empower new and expectant parents to make informed choices about pregnancy and parenting journey.
Dr. Berlin lives in Los Angeles with his wife, perinatal psychologist Dr. Alyssa Berlin, and their four fantastic children.
Contact Dr. Berlin:
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 simple solutions for the most common pains during pregnancy HERE
- If you like what you’ve heard, please leave a rating and review! Yoga Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC community:
Instagram and Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center