Steph’s Birth Story: Possession Through Education and Training
I feel like people often hear negative stories about pregnancy and birth. Maybe someone is past term, or they’re smaller but have a bigger belly and keep hearing, “It’s a big baby!” or “oh you’re past your due date” or express your opinion and it can absolutely affect how someone feels about themselves and their ability to give birth
To counter all this, today at Yoga| Birth | Children, we have a common birth story. This one is full of amazing gems and insights about big babies, confidence, epidurals, hard work and choosing a birth team. Our guest Stephanie Gonzalez shares so much. I was delighted to have Steph as a part of our PYC community quite early in her pregnancy and throughout her pregnancy. She shared her birth story with me via email and as soon as I read it I contacted her and asked her to share your story here on the podcast.
What I love about this episode is that Steph shares her confidence. I hope this can inspire confidence in others in our community. Of course, negative reviews and stories are everywhere (not just in the media, sometimes from our friends, family, and even medical professionals). If hearing these comments doesn’t make you feel as grounded in your experience, I hope you can remember that you are not alone. Many of them overcame these obstacles and gave birth to a really strong birth. I think you’ll get that from Stephanie’s birth story.
In this episode you will learn:
- Find out how they prepared for her birth.
- How Steph chose the family team.
- How prenatal education helped Steph during her birth.
- How did Steph feel when there was a discussion about C-sections because of the “big baby”.
- What inspired Steph to find out she could have a big baby.
- The reaction of friends and family to Steph’s desire to give birth without medication and breastfeed.
- One last tip/advice Steph wants to share for new or expectant parents.
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 simple solutions for the most common pains during pregnancy HERE
- If you like what you’ve heard, please leave a rating and review! Yoga Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC community:
Instagram and Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center