How to reduce anxiety and end the battle of wills with your baby with Olivia Bergeron
It’s 4:45 p.m. on a beautiful spring day, and as you pass by the playground, you notice an irritated mother forcefully putting her crying toddler in a stroller. Did you cringe as you walked by, thankful it wasn’t you? Or maybe sometimes it was you. To be perfectly honest with you all, sometimes it was me.
In today’s episode Yoga Birth | babies we will talk about anxiety and the need to control your child (or children). When I came across this topic from our guest, psychotherapist and parenting coach Olivia Bergeron, I thought, wow, I totally relate to this. Did I feel the need to control things? So. Have I let my anxiety drive my desire to control things? So. Have I faced both my children? So.
So when I met Olivia and this topic, I thought that this is something that I really relate to, and I think a lot of other parents do too. Olivia provides fantastic information. In our conversation, she answers the question, does controlling really help? Or is the strategy backfiring? Does anxiety have a purpose? And what are the best strategies to help our child find their way instead of us trying to control?
Olivia has a lot of knowledge. She is incredibly intelligent and I am so excited for you to hear this conversation.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Olivia and what motivated her to work to help parents.
- The philosophy of upbringing, which is guided by Olivia in her work with parents.
- Why parents become controlling.
- Why this strategy backfires.
- The purpose of anxiety.
- Warning signs of combat.
- Successful strategies for getting children to do what we ask.
- Ways we as parents can take care of ourselves so we can parent in a way we can be proud of.
A father of three, Olivia Bergeron is a psychotherapist and parenting coach who specializes in helping clients experience proud parenthood from pregnancy through adolescence.
She has been helping moms and dads since 2005. Olivia offers psychotherapy to clients in New York, New Jersey and Florida and parent coaching to people around the world.
Olivia graduated from Vassar College and New York University. She studied with Dr. Laura Markham, author of Peaceful Parents, Happy Children, when she added parenting training to her practice.
Her website is mommygroove.com.
Mommy Groove Therapy (Facebook)
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 simple solutions for the most common pains during pregnancy HERE
- If you like what you’ve heard, please leave a rating and review! Yoga Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC community:
Instagram and Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center