How to prepare your home for the flourishing of a child the Montessori way with Jeanne-Marie Paynel
When you think about how to prepare your home for the arrival of your new baby, your thoughts may turn to baby proofing and purchasing toys and equipment such as cribs and high chairs. However, what to do if you don’t need more things at home? Today we look at how to create an environment that encourages your child’s growth and honors their developmental stages through a Montessori lens
For this conversation, I invited Jeanne-Marie Paynel Yoga Birth | babies. Jeanne-Marie is a parenting coach, Montessori home consultant, doula, presenter The art of education podcast and founder Your parenting mentor. We have a fantastic conversation and I drink Montessori punch in full disclosure. Both of my children went to Montessori preschools. We took a lot of their suggestions and brought them home, so the theme and approach really appealed to me. I deeply appreciate what’s being discussed about the idea that we need to get more and more and more to better support our child’s growth, but often it’s really a simplification. I love this approach that encourages kids to discover for themselves, allows them to be who they really are and see things from their perspective (and I mean literally get down on the ground to do it). I am very glad that you are listening to this conversation.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn a little about Jeanne-Marie and what inspired her to become a parenting coach, Montessori home consultant and doula.
- Montessori philosophy.
- How the Montessori philosophy can manifest itself in the way we choose to parent.
- How the Montessori philosophy affects how we can prepare our home for a baby.
- How the home environment affects the child’s behavior.
- A few basic steps to prepare your home for a baby.
- How simplifying and minimizing your home contributes to everyone’s well-being.
- The advantage of eating together as a family.
- One last tip/advice that Jeanne-Marie would like to give to new and expectant parents.
- Where can you find Jeanne-Marie’s works?
Jeanne-Marie Paynel, Master of Education, is a parenting mentor, Montessori consultant and doula who supports parents in confidently raising the next generation of kind-hearted people.
She is the host of the Art of Parenting podcast and founder of Your Parenting Mentor, where she helps parents-to-be, caregivers, and parents of young children better prepare their homes and themselves for their children to thrive during the first six crucial years of life.
She believes that a supportive and peaceful home environment will allow each child to develop as an independent, confident and capable learner. She combines her many passions to serve her community: Montessori, RIE, mindful parenting, positive discipline and mindfulness.
Her mission is to help parents appreciate the true importance of their role – not as servants or teachers, but as supporters and guides of their children’s natural development.
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 simple solutions for the most common pains during pregnancy HERE
- If you like what you’ve heard, please leave a rating and review! Yoga Birth|Babies (Apple) or on Spotify!
To connect with Deb and the PYC community:
Instagram and Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center