Virabhadrasana–III Yoga (Warrior Pose):
Virabhadrasana-III, also known as Warrior Pose. This asana was named after Lord Shiva's Avatar, Virbhadra, an Abhay warrior.Virabhadrasana Yoga (The Warrior Pose) is derived from the words Vira means hero or warrior, Bhadra means friend or auspicious and Asana means posture.
Virabhadrasana-III is to stand on the one leg posture and therefore it is called Ekapadasana. Virabhadrasana-III asana strengthens the hands, shoulders, thighs and waist muscles.In the beginning, there is some difficulty in doing this posture because it is difficult to balance the feet, but the regular practice also makes it work.Now know how to do Virabhadrasana-III.
There are three methods of Virbhadra, today we will learn about Warrior Pose III by its second law.
Virabhadrasana–III Yoga (Warrior Pose) Steps & Health Benefits:
Also, Check -Mayurasana (The Peacock Pose) Yoga |Mandukasana (The Frog Pose) Yoga
Steps To Do Virabhadrasana-III Yoga (Warrior Pose):
- First of all stand straight on your feet. Keep in mind that the distance between the two legs is at least 3 to 4 feet.
- Tie both hands over the head while touching the ears and trap the fingers among themselves.
- Now slowly raise the right leg above the ground. Make it parallel to the ground.
- In the last stage, there will be complete balance on the right foot. Stay fit and come back to the normal posture.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Do the same process with the other leg.
Health Benefits Of Virabhadrasana-III Yoga (Warrior Pose):
- Contracts for the abdominal organs.
- Tones the leg muscles.
- This asana promotes peace, courage, and auspiciousness. It is an extremely graceful pose to practice.
- This asana strengthens and stretches the legs and ankles.
- Digestion makes the body stronger.
- In the bloodstream.
- This posture enhances courage and endurance in you.
Click Here -Vrikshasana Yoga (The Tree Pose) |Veerasana Yoga (The Hero’s Pose)[video width="480" height="360" mp4="https://yogaguru.co.in/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Yoga-Posture-Warrior-3-Virabhadrasana-by-Petra-Mitidieri.mp4"][/video]
Virabhadrasana-III Yoga (Warrior Pose) Precautions:
- Avoid practicing this asana if you are suffering from high blood pressure, recent or chronic lower back injuries, ankle, leg or hip injuries.
- There are many yogas that are great for pregnant women, but you might need to skip Virabhadrasana-III if you are pregnant.
- When you are doing Yoga for the first time then you should consult Yoga teacher.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: