Vipareeta Karani Asana – Vipareeta Karani yoga is also known as the Inverted Pose which is very similar to Sarvangasana (shoulder stand) yoga position. In Sanskrit, ‘Vipareeta’ means ‘Inverted’ and ‘Karani’ means ‘Action’ hence the name so. This yoga posture is the simplest inverted pose which is very easy to perform. It is a simple yet effective asana as it not only works as a preparation for inversions but also helps to reestablish the nervous connection while soothing the nerves. In this yoga posture, all the organs are pulled downwards due to the gravitational force which gives several health benefits.
Inverted Pose yoga asana also is known as Legs Up the Wall Pose due to its resemblance looks like in the final position. Due to its restorative nature, it is very beneficial in piles or hydrocele problems. Let’s begin this yoga session by knowing the step-by-step instruction to perform this yoga asana.
Steps to do Inverted Pose or Vipareeta Karani Asana Yoga –
- First, lie down on the floor in a supine position and your both hands should be resting on the floor just next to the body.
- Keep your both legs stretched out in front of you.
- Now slowly raise your both legs till the legs are almost 90 degrees to the floor.
- Place your both hand under the waist level and try to support your body with the help of both elbows.
- Further, raise your trunk upwards and place the torso at a 45-degree angle from the floor.
- In this position, your body weight should be balanced on both shoulders with the support of elbows.
- Now try to balance your body and relax your shoulder.
- This is the final position of Vipareeta Karani Asana or Legs Up the Wall Pose.
- Hold this position for 5 to 10 minutes for the spiritual benefits and keep breathing normally.
- After doing this asana always perform it counter asanas like Matyasana or Supta Vajrasana.
Health Benefits of Vipareeta Karani Asana or Inverted Pose Yoga Exercise –
- Vipareeta Karani yoga increases blood circulation towards the head and stimulates the thyroid glands.
- It alleviates menstrual cramps.
- Inverted pose gives good relief in piles or hydrocele problems.
- It improves digestion system.
- It gives good relief in mild depression, insomnia or a mild backache.
- Restores tired feet or legs.
- It increases the function of adrenal, gonad, pituitary and thyroid glands.
- It burns body fat around the waist region.
Contradictions & Precautions for Vipareeta Karani Asana or Legs Up the Wall Pose –
Before performing inverted pose yoga you have to follow some precautions to avoid any health issue and these cautions are –
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease problem then avoid Vipareeta Karani yoga session.
- If you have any neck, shoulder or elbow injury then don’t try this yoga posture.
- You should avoid Inverted yoga pose if you have serious back pain or have any spine related issue.
Finally, you get to know about Vipareeta Karani Asana (Inverted Pose) Yoga positions and its health benefits. You can also check detailed steps to perform Legs Up the Wall Pose yoga asana from here. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.