Vajrasana Yoga (The Diamond Pose):
Vajrasana is the only such posture in all Yogasana, which can be done immediately after food or breakfast. Vajrasana practice for health is best beneficial. Vajrasana yoga posture is called Diamond Pose in English. Vajra means strong. Sanskrit words vajra meaning "Diamond/Thunderbolt " and asana meaning "posture".
Vajrasana is most effective after the meal and aids in proper digestion. Thighs and knees become stronger due to Vajrasana every day. This asana can be done immediately after the meal.
All the muscles working from the lower part of the waist to the thighs of the thighs get exercise. And the discomfort that comes after consuming a lot of quantity goes away from awakening.
Also, Check - Seated Eagle Pose (Garudasana) Yoga | Hasta Uttanasana (Surya Namaskara) Yoga
Steps To Do Vajrasana Yoga (The Diamond Pose):
- To do this yoga, you sit in the normal posture with a mat.
- To start, stand on the knees with the lower legs together and stretched backwards, the two big toes crossing each other.
- Now bend your body weight and bend slightly and kneel your right foot down and put it under the hip right. And then take your body weight on the same side and kneel your second leg (left foot) down and put it under the left hip.
- Keep the gap between both the heels.
- Put both your hands on the knees.
- Keep your back straight and close your eyes.
- Now breathe very slowly and breathe breathlessly.
- Repeat this process for about five minutes.
Health Benefits Of Vajrasana Yoga ( The Diamond Pose):
- Vajrasana yoga is helpful in a digestive problem.
- It also strengthens the muscles of the legs and back.
- Vajrasana helps in making body weight loss.
- It helps to relieve from sciatica, nerve issues, and indigestion.
- This yoga helps in a stress and anxiety problem.
Click Here - Hamsasana (Swan Pose) Yoga | Halasana (The Plow Pose) Yoga[video width="1280" height="720" mp4="https://yogaguru.co.in/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Vajrasana-the-thunderbolt-the-diamond-pose-the-sitting-asana-in-Yoga.mp4"][/video]
Vajrasana Yoga Precautions:
- If you are suffering from joint pain and knee pain, then do not engage in Vajrasana.
- If your body has any problems do not this yoga practice.
- Do this by practicing it under the supervision of a yoga teacher.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: