Utthita Parsvakonasana Yoga – Utthita Parsvakonasana yoga is also known as Extended Side Angle Pose or Revolved Side Angle Pose which strengthen the whole body and detoxify internal organs. Utthita Parsvakonasana is a Sanskrit word where ‘Utthita’ means ‘Extended or Revolved’, ‘Parsva’ means ‘Side’, ‘Kona’ means ‘Angle’ or ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. This yoga posture also increases your body stamina and strengthens your thigh, hips or knees muscles.
Revolved Side Angle Pose is quite tough to perform at the initial stage because it needs lots of flexibility throughout all body. So if you want to perform this yoga asana with ease then go through the step-by-step instruction which is described below. But before this, you have to know about what is the exact posture for this yoga asana.
Steps to do Extended Side Angle Pose or Utthita Parsvakonasana Yoga Asana –
- First, stand in Tadasana yoga position by keeping your both hands in alongside the body.
- Take a deep breath and adjust your foot 3-4 feet apart from each other.
- Now turn your right foot out to the right 90 degrees and turn your left foot in slightly to the right.
- Slowly bend your right knee in such a way that your right leg thigh should parallel to the ground and calf should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Now slowly bend your trunk and rest them on the right legs thigh make sure your left legs remain straight and stretch out in a backwards direction.
- Exhale and turn the torso towards your right thigh and bring the left arm to the outside of your bent knee and your biceps touching the left ear.
- Now place your left palms on the floor and at the same time stretch out your right hands just over the head just touches to the right ear with palms facing downwards.
- Turn your head in upwards direction and make a gaze.
- In this position, your left leg, upper waist body part and right hand should be in one line.
- This is the final position of Revolved Side Angle Pose.
- Hold this position as long as you feel comfortable.
- Repeat this yoga posture with another leg or other side also.
Health Benefits of Utthita Parsvakonasana (Extended Side Angle Pose) Yoga –
- Utthita Parsvakonasana gives the maximum stretch to the thigh, knee, legs and waist muscles.
- It tones abdominal organs and improves digestion.
- Gives a good stretch to lungs, groin, spine and shoulder muscles.
- Good yoga exercise to increases stamina.
- It also increases the sense of balance.
- It gives the good relief in sciatica or lower back pain.
- It burns excess fat around waist and hips area.
Contradictions & Precautions for Utthita Parsvakonasana Yoga Session –
Revolved or Extended Side Angle Pose is quite tough to perform so you have to follow certain precautions before performing this yoga asana and these cautions are –
- If you have any cardiac problems then avoid Utthita Parsvakonasana yoga asana.
- If you are suffering from neck, back or shoulders pain then avoid this yoga posture.
- Do not perform this yoga session in case of insomnia, migraine, low or high blood pressure or cervical spondylitis problems.
So that’s all about Utthita Parsvakonasana (Extended Side Angle Pose) Yoga positions and its health benefits. You can also check the step-by-step instruction to perform Revolved Side Angle Pose. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.