Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana Yoga – Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana is also known as the Extended Hand-to-big-toe Pose which gives the good stretch to hamstrings muscles and also increases the sense of balance. Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana is a Sanskrit word where ‘Utthita’ means ‘Extended’, ‘Hasta’ means ‘Hand’, ‘Pada’ means ‘Foot’, ‘Augusta’ means ‘Toe’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’, hence its name so.
Extended Hand-to-big-toe Pose is an extreme stretching yoga position and quite tough to perform because it requires good legs flexibility and body balancing power. It gives heat and expansion to your body. So let’s begin this yoga session by knowing the detailed step-by-step instruction. But before this, you have to know about what is the exact posture for this yoga asana.
Steps to do Extended Hand-to-big-toe Pose or Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana Yoga –
- First, stand erect on the floor and keep your both feet together.
- Place your both hands alongside the body.
- Bend your left foot knee and bring the left foot towards the right thighs.
- Now hold your left foot toes with the help of left-hand fingers.
- Put your whole body weight on the right leg.
- Try to balance your body while doing so.
- Slowly raise your right hand just parallel to the ground.
- In this position, your both arms and shoulder should be in one line.
- Now straighten your left legs as much as you can.
- Erect your spine and open up your chest by face looking forward.
- This is the final position of Extended Hand-to-big-toe Pose.
- Hold this position for a few seconds which is enough for beginners.
- To release this yoga posture slowly lower down your left leg an put it on the floor and come back into a normal standing pose.
- Repeat this yoga posture with another leg too.
Health Benefits of Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana (Extended Hand-to-big-toe Pose) Yoga –
- Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana gives the good stretch to hamstrings and adductor muscles.
- It increases the sense of balance.
- Good yoga posture for a healthy nervous system.
- Stretches the backs of the legs
Contradictions & Precautions for Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana Yoga Exercise Session –
You have to follow some precautions before performing Extended Hand-to-big-toe Pose to avoid any health injury. These cautions are listed below –
- If you have any ankle or lower back injury then avoid this yoga posture.
- If you have vertigo problem then avoid this yoga asana.
- Do not stretch your legs beyond your limit because it may cause of any strain in your hamstrings or adductor muscles.
Finally, you get to know about Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana Yoga Positions and its health benefits. You can also check detailed steps to perform Extended Hand-to-big-toe Pose. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.