Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana Yoga - Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana yoga is also known as Standing One Leg behind Head Pose which is an advanced version of Eka pada sirsasana yoga. Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana name comes from the Sanskrit word where Utthan means 'Stretch', Eka means 'One', Pada means 'Foot', Sirsa means 'Head' and 'Asana' means 'Pose'. This yoga posture also is known as Standing Foot To Head Pose. One Leg behind Head Pose is very tough yoga posture which requires the extreme flexibility of the legs and a good sense of body balance.
If you want to perform this yoga asana posture then you should have to know about Eka Pada Sirasana.If you are an expert in this yoga asana then you will be able to do Standing Foot To Head Pose with ease. Always do this yoga posture with the help of a yoga instructor to avoid any health injury. Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana yoga exercise completely energizes the whole body, strengthens the nerves system and improves flexibility. Let's begin this yoga session with the help of step-by-step instruction.
Also, Check -Tolangulasana (The Weighing Scale Pose) Yoga |Utthan Pristhasana (The Lizard Pose) Yoga
Steps to do One Leg behind Head Pose or Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana Yoga -
This is very challenging yoga posture for all beginners because it requires lots of legs flexibility along with body balancing power. So if you want to perform this yoga asana with ease then follow below steps carefully -
- To start this yoga asana first come into the position of Eka Pada Sirasana yoga.
- In this yoga position, your left leg placed behind the neck and hands are placed in the prayer position by keeping your right legs straight in front of you.
- One thing which you have to remember always attempt Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana if you are a master of Eka Pada Sirasana yoga.
- Once getting into this position, place your both hands on your left leg knee and try to raise up.
- You will be able to do this after a few practise session.
- If you fail to do so then you can take an help from your friends or yoga instructor.
- If you able to do so then maintain your body balance on one leg.
- Now erect your spine and open up your chest by placing both hands in a prayer position.
- This is the final position of Standing One Leg behind Head Pose.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and breath normally.
- Repeat this yoga session with right leg also.
Health Benefits of Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana (One Leg behind Head Pose) Yoga Exercise -
- Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana yoga asana gives the good flexibility to legs, groin and abdomen muscles.
- It calms your mind and releases stress.
- Good yoga posture which tones your abdomen organs.
- It also increases mindfulness.
- Gives good stretch to your whole body from top to bottom.
- It also increases blood circulation throughout the whole body.
- Also, increase the sense of balance.
- This yoga asana also promotes love, compassion, forgiveness and Self-realization.
Click Here - Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana | Utthita Parsvakonasana (Extended Side Angle Pose) Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana Yoga Session -
Standing One Leg behind Head Pose is very tough to perform so you have to follow some precautions before performing this yoga asana and these cautions are -
- First, a thing which is very necessary always does this yoga with the help of another person.
- If you are suffering from sciatica problem then avoid this yoga asana.
- Pregnant women should avoid this yoga posture.
- Do not stretch your legs beyond your limit.
- In case of ankle or knee injury don't try this yoga pose.
So that's all about Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana (One Leg behind Head Pose) Yoga positions and health benefits. Before performing this yoga asana session read above instruction carefully. You can check detailed health benefits and steps of One Leg behind Head Pose from the above section. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: