Trikonasana Yoga - Trikonasana yoga is also known as the Triangle Pose which gives the good flexibility to your spine. Trikonasana is a Sanskrit word where 'Trikona' means 'Triangle' and 'Asana' means 'Pose', hence the name so. This asana stretches the muscles and improves the functions of the body. Those who have stiff legs, knees and waist can use this posture to regain their flexibility and strength.
Triangle Pose is very beneficial for encouraging good blood circulation, eliminating aches and pains in the back, neck and the entire body. So let's begin this yoga session by knowing the detailed steps for Triangle Pose.
Also, Check -Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana Yoga |Utthita Parsvakonasana (Extended Side Angle Pose) Yoga
Steps for Triangle Pose or Trikonasana Yoga Asana -
- First, stand erect on the floor and make a gap of 3-4 feet between your legs.
- Now slowly raise your both hands at the shoulder level just parallel to ground.
- Exhale and slowly bend your body in the right side and put your right hand's palm on the floor.
- At the same time raise your left hands in the upper direction in such a way that your arms and shoulder should be one line.
- Try to adjust your upper part body just parallel to ground by looking towards left hand.
- In this position, your whole body weight will be supported on both legs and the right hand.
- This is the final position of Triangle Pose.
- Hold this position for as long as you can and breath normally.
- Repeat this yoga posture with another side by touching the left foot with left hand.
Health Benefits of Trikonasana (The Triangle Pose) Yoga Exercise -
- Trikonasana yoga gives good flexibility to back and spine.
- Excellent yoga exercises to burn body fat.
- It stimulates the digestive system and removes constipation.
- Good yoga posture for backache problem.
- Give Strength to the thighs, calves and buttocks muscles.
- It expands your chest and shoulders.
- It also stimulates the nervous system and alleviates nervous depression and strengthens the pelvic area.
- Relieves tress, anxiety and calms your mind.
Click Here - Tolangulasana (The Weighing Scale Pose) Yoga | Utkata Konasana (The Goddess Pose) Yoga
Contradictions and Precautions for Trikonasana or Triangle Pose Yoga Session -
Before performing Triangle Yoga Pose you have to follow some precautions and these are -
- If you are suffering from back pain then avoid this yoga posture.
- If you have vertigo, diarrhoea and high blood pressure problem then don't try this yoga asana.
- Do not stretch your legs beyond the body limit it may be a cause of any health injury.
So that's all about Trikonasana (The Triangle Pose) Yoga positions and its health benefits. You can also check detailed step-by-step instruction to perform Triangle Pose yoga session. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: