Tolangulasana Yoga - Tolangulasana yoga also known as the Weighing Scale Pose which is very useful yoga exercise to toning the abdominal muscles. This yoga posture increases your balancing power and strengthens the shoulders and arms. In Sanskrit 'Tola' means 'measuring scale' or 'Asana' means 'Pose' hence the name so. This yoga posture also is known by it another name i.e Bhramacharyasana or Celibate Pose.
This yoga posture very easy to perform once you are perfect in the Lotus Pose or Padmasana. So let's begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga asana and how can we perform it in the easiest way.
Also, Check -Trikonasana (The Triangle Pose) Yoga |Vipareeta Karani Asana (Inverted Pose) Yoga
Steps for Weighing Scale Pose or Tolangulasana Yoga Asana -
- First, getting into the position of Padmasana (Lotus Pose).
- This is a crossed legs position which is commonly used for meditation.
- Now place your both hands palm under your buttocks and bend your body towards the upper part of the body.
- In this position, your body weight should be supported on your elbows or hips.
- Keep your forearms straight and try to balance your body on a fixed point.
- Raise the head, trunk and the legs further up.
- This is the final position of Weighing Scale Pose.
- Hold this position for 10-20 second which is enough for beginners.
- Repeat this yoga practise session 2-3 times in a day.
Health Benefits of Tolangulasana (The Weighing Scale Pose) Yoga Exercise -
- Tolangulasana yoga strengthens your arms, wrists and upper body region.
- This yoga posture removes the obesity hence very useful for weight loss.
- Increases the sense of balance.
- It gives the good relaxation to the whole body.
- It tones the internal organs related to your abdomen.
- It broadens your chest.
Click Here - Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana (One Leg behind Head Pose) Yoga | Utthita Hasta Padangushtasana Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Tolangulasana Yoga Session -
Weighing Scale Pose is not so easy to perform it requires lots of arm strength, so you have to follow some precaution before performing this yoga asana -
- Avoid Tolangulasana yoga in case of knee, ankle, wrist or shoulder injury.
- It requires lots of flexibility in your hips and thigh muscles, so aware of it before performing this asana.
- Also, avoid this yoga posture in case of serious back injury.
Finally, you get to know about Tolangulasana (The Weighing Scale Pose) Yoga positions and its health benefits. You can also check Weighing Scale Pose detailed steps from here. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: