Tiryaka Tadasana Yoga – Tiryaka Tadasana yoga is also known as the Swaying Palm Tree Pose which is a variation of Tadasana yoga asana. Tiryaka Tadasana is easy to perform which gives the good stretch to side muscles and stimulating bowel movements. In Sanskrit ‘Tiryak’ means ‘slanted or Swaying’ and ‘Tadasana’ refers to ‘Palm Tree Pose’ hence it name so.
It is a standing pose that makes you bend left and right to the extent possible with your arms above your head. This yoga posture also helps to reduce excess fat around the waist area. Let’s begin this yoga session by knowing the method of practising the Swaying Palm Tree Pose.
Steps to do Swaying Palm Tree Pose or Tiryaka Tadasana Yoga –
- First, stand on the floor with erect spine and place your both hands alongside the body.
- Make a few inches gap between your legs.
- Now open up your chest and look in the forward direction.
- Interlock your both hands fingers and raise them upwards direction with palms facing downwards.
- Now stretch your hands in upwards direction so that the biceps touch the ears.
- Exhale slowly and bend your body towards the left side and keep your both hands straight.
- Bend your body as much as possible that you feel the good stretch to opposite side (Right side).
- Now you are in the final position of Swaying Palm Tree Pose.
- Hold this position as long as you feel comfortable.
- Repeat this yoga posture by bending your body with right side also.
- You can do this yoga session many times in a day.
Health Benefits of Tiryaka Tadasana (Swaying Palm Tree Pose) Yoga Exercise –
- Tiryaka Tadasana yoga gives maximum stretch to your body side along with spine.
- Very useful yoga exercises to reduce belly fat.
- It increases your liver function.
- It stimulates the bowel movements.
- Consume warm water with empty stomach during this yoga asana which cleans your entire intestine.
- It improves the digestion system and relieves constipation problem.
- It opens up your chest and increases lungs function.
- Good yoga exercise for pregnant women and it relieves a backache and muscular pain.
Contradictions & Precautions for Tiryaka Tadasana Yoga Session –
You have to follow some precautions before performing Swaying Palm Tree Pose and these cautions are –
- If you are suffering from cervical pain or back pain then avoid Tiryaka Tadasana yoga asana.
- If you have a hernia problem then don’t try this yoga posture.
- Strictly avoid this yoga exercise session if you have cardiac problems or high blood pressure.
- If you recently go through the neck, back or abdomen surgery then don’t try this yoga pose.
So that’s all about Tiryaka Tadasana (Swaying Palm Tree Pose) Yoga position and its health benefits. You can also check detailed steps from here to perform Swaying Palm Tree Pose. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.