Tiryaka Bhujangasana Yoga – Tiryaka Bhujangasana yoga is also known as the Twisting Cobra Pose which is very similar to Cobra Pose. This yoga posture is very useful for upper back muscles and it also reduces lower back pain. Twisting Cobra Pose is an excellent yoga asana which reduces posture defect in your upper spine. Tiryaka Bhujangasana is a Sanskrit word where ‘Tiryak’ means ‘Transverse, slant or Swaying’, ‘Bhujanga’ means ‘Cobra’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’.
Twisting Cobra Pose has lots of health benefits which are very similar to Bhujangasana yoga asana. We will talk about its health benefits later but before this, you have to know about detailed steps which are used during this yoga asana session.
Steps to do Twisting Cobra Pose or Tiryaka Bhujangasana Yoga Asana –
- First, lie down on your stomach on the floor with legs stretched out backwards.
- Keep your feet together with a few inches apart.
- Now place your both hands palm on the floor at the shoulder level.
- Maintain an appropriate gap between your palms.
- Inhale and slowly raise your body up and make sure your hand remain straight.
- Now slowly move your head over the left shoulder and try to look backwards.
- Keep your spine relaxed in this position.
- This is the final position of Twisting Cobra Pose.
- Hold this position for a few seconds or as much as you feel comfortable.
- Make sure your navel should be close to the ground in the final position.
- To release this yoga posture slowly lower down your body and come back into a normal position.
- Repeat this yoga session by looking at the right shoulder also.
Health Benefits of Tiryaka Bhujangasana (Twisting Cobra Pose) Yoga Exercise Session –
- Tiryaka Bhujangasana yoga asana make your spine more flexible.
- It gives the good strength to your arms and shoulder.
- It improves your lungs capacity by expanding your Thorax.
- It is good yoga exercise for liver, kidneys, stomach and pancreas.
- Very helpful in cervical Spondylitis.
- It tones the abdomen organs.
- It improves your digestion power and metabolism.
- Gives the good stretch to back muscles.
Contradictions & Precautions for Tiryaka Bhujangasana Yoga Posture –
You have to follow some precautions before performing Twisting Cobra Pose yoga asana and these cautions are –
- Strictly avoid Tiryaka Bhujangasana yoga in case of spinal injury.
- Do not practise this yoga exercise session if you have wrist, arms or shoulder injury.
- If you have a peptic ulcer or hernia problem then avoid this yoga posture.
- Pregnant women should avoid this yoga asana.
- Do not raise your body up beyond your limit.
So that’s all about Tiryaka Bhujangasana (Twisting Cobra Pose) Yoga positions and its health benefits. Read all instruction & steps carefully to perform Twisting Cobra Pose. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.