Thread the Needle Pose Yoga - Thread the Needle Pose is also known as Parsva Balasana which a Sanskrit name of this yoga posture. This yoga asana is good for opens up your shoulder, chest, arms and upper back muscles. Parsva Balasana is Sanskrit word where 'Parsva' means 'Side or Plank', 'Bala' means 'Baby' and 'Asana' means 'Pose'. So we also called it Revolved Child Pose.
It also requires a gentle twisting motion that can help stretch and loosen the muscles in the low back. During this yoga exercise, make sure to maintain a focus on your breathing. Let's begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga asana and how can we perform it in the easiest way.
Also, Check -Supta Udarakarshanasana Yoga |Supta Padangushtasana Yoga
Steps to do Parsva Balasana or Thread the Needle Pose Yoga -
- First, sit on the floor in a kneeling position.
- Place your wrists directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
- Now slowly bend your body in forwards direction until your forehead touches the ground.
- In this position, your abdomen or chest region should be resting on both thighs.
- Take your left hand and bring it back and pass it between the chin and the knees.
- Make sure your hand touches the ground with the palm facing upwards.
- Now raise your right hand and place it over the head in the forward's direction with the palm facing downwards.
- Turn your face towards the left-hand side and make a gaze by looking towards your palm.
- Keep your right hand up and maintain your body weight on both of legs knees.
- Do not strain your head or neck in the final position.
- Hold this position as long as you can and breath normally.
- Continuous breathing is very essential for this yoga positions.
- Now repeat this yoga asana with another side also.
Health Benefits of Thread the Needle Pose (Parsva Balasana) Yoga Exercise -
- It gives the good flexibility to your shoulder and arms.
- Thread the Needle Pose gives the good stretch to waist muscles.
- It strengthens our spine and makes it more flexible.
- It tones abdomen muscles and detoxifies your body.
- It also reduces lower back pain.
- Increase blood flow towards your head.
Click Here - Tiryaka Tadasana (Swaying Palm Tree Pose) Yoga | Tiryaka Bhujangasana (Twisting Cobra Pose) Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Thread the Needle Pose Yoga Session -
Parsva Balasana yoga session is quite tough to perform, so you have to follow some precautions before performing this yoga asana and these cautions are -
- If you are suffering from any knee, shoulder or neck injury then avoid this yoga asana.
- If you have serious back pain or slip disc problem then don't try this yoga pose.
- Do not stretch your body beyond your limit to avoid any health injury.
So that's all about Thread the Needle Pose (Parsva Balasana) Yoga positions and its health benefits. You can also check detailed steps from here to perform Parsva Balasana yoga asana. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: