Swastikasana Yoga – Swastikasana yoga is also known as the Auspicious Pose which is a simple meditation pose. This yoga posture is a simple version of Padmasana and Siddhasana yoga asana. Swastikasana is a Sanskrit word where ‘Swastika’ means ‘Happiness or ‘auspiciousness’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. We can also pronounce this yoga as Su+Asti+ka, in this ‘Su’ means good, the meaning of ‘Asti’ is ‘existence’ and “ka” stands for to make.
In its final position, our legs represent the Swastika position hence the name as Swastikasana or Auspicious pose. The Auspicious Pose is very easy to perform and it is one of the best Asana for reflective movement or for long sitting. Now let’s begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga position and how can we perform this yoga session with the help of step-by-step instruction.
Steps to do Auspicious Pose or Swastikasana Yoga Asana –
- Sit comfortably on the floor with legs stretched out in front of you.
- Now slowly bend your left legs knee and place the sole of left legs at the inner thigh of right leg.
- Bend your right leg and keep your right foot in the space between left thigh and calf muscles.
- Hold your left foot toes and place it over right calf and thigh.
- In this position, your both legs should firmly press the floor.
- Now erect your spine and look straight in the forward direction.
- Now place your both hands on the legs knee.
- Try to relax your body as you feel comfortable.
- Keep your eyes closed and breathe normally or slowly.
- This is the final position of Auspicious Pose yoga asana.
- Hold this position as long as you feel comfortable.
- This is the best meditation pose which gives your mind complete relax.
Health Benefits of Swastikasana (The Auspicious Pose) Yoga Exercise –
- Swastikasana is an excellent yoga posture for meditation purpose.
- It improves concentration power.
- Very effective yoga exercise to calms down your mind.
- It reduces legs muscles pain.
- Alternate yoga posture for Padmasana and Siddhasana yoga.
Contradictions & Precautions for Swastikasana Yoga Session –
Before performing Auspicious Pose you have to follow some precautions and these are –
- If you are suffering from any hips or knee injury then don’t perform this yoga asana.
- In case of sciatica or sacral infections problem avoid this yoga posture.
So finally, you get to know about Swastikasana (The Auspicious Pose) Yoga positions and its health benefits. You can also check detailed step-by-step instruction to perform Auspicious Pose. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.