Supta Baddha Konasana Yoga - Supta Baddha Konasana yoga is also known as the Bound Angle Reclined Pose which is a deep relaxation or hip opener yoga posture. Supta Baddha Konasana comes from the Sanskrit which is a combination of four words where 'Supta' means 'Reclining', 'Baddha' means 'Bound', 'Kona' means 'Angle' and 'Asana' means 'Pose'. We also knew this yoga asana by it another name which is Reclined Bound Angle Pose, Reclined Cobbler’s Pose or Reclined Goddess Pose.
This yoga posture very helpful to open up chest, abdomen, and pelvic muscles and also gives deep relaxation to your mind. So let's begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga asana and how can we perform it with the help of step-by-step instruction.
Also, Check - Pawanmuktasana (Wind Release Pose) Yoga | Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend Pose) Yoga
Steps to do Bound Angle Reclined Pose or Supta Baddha Konasana Yoga -
- First, lie down on the floor with legs stretched out.
- Now slowly bend your knees and bring them together, the soles of the feet facing each other.
- Exhale, and ensure that your abdominal muscles contract as your tailbone moves close to your pubic bone.
- Now try to pull your both feet towards the buttocks as much as you can.
- Makes sure your both thigh should be resting on the floor.
- In this position, you feel the good stretch in your groin and inner thighs muscles.
- Keep your trunk and head on the floor and align them in a straight line.
- Now place your both hands a few inches away from your body with palms facing upwards.
- Breathe normally and keep your eyes closed and also try to relax your body.
- This is the final position of Reclined Bound Angle Pose.
- Lossen up your hip joints and feel deep relaxation in your abdomen and chest region.
- Hold this position as long as you can.
- If you want to release this pose then slowly straighten up your legs and bend your knees upwards and come back into a normal sitting position with the support of your hands.
Health Benefits of Supta Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Reclined Pose) Yoga Exercise -
- It activates the ovaries, prostate gland, kidneys, and bladder.
- It stretches the muscles of the inner thighs, groins and hips.
- It relieves stress and tension and also cures mild depression.
- Good yoga posture which completely energizes your body.
- Good yoga exercise for the nervous system.
- It relieves stress, mild depression and clams down your mind.
- Bound Angle Reclined Pose is very beneficial for digestive and reproductive systems.
Click Here - Pranamasana (The Prayer Pose) Yoga |Poorva Halasana (Preliminary Plough Pose) Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Supta Baddha Konasana Yoga Session -
Before starting Bound Angle Reclined Pose you have to follow some precautions and these are -
- If you are suffering from Knee, Groin, shoulder or hip injury then avoid this yoga asana.
- Don't try this yoga posture in case of serious lower back pain.
- Pregnant women should avoid this yoga pose in the later stage of pregnancy.
So that's all about Supta Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Reclined Pose) Yoga position and its health benefits. You can also check detailed steps from here to perform this yoga asana with ease. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: