Sukhasana Yoga – Sukhasana yoga is also known as the Easy Sitting Pose which is the best yoga position for meditation. This yoga posture is very easy and suitable for all beginners. Sukhasana is a Sanskrit word where ‘Sukham’ means ‘Easy or Comfortable’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. This yoga posture basically categorized into three parts Basic Asana, intermediate and advanced. We can start this yoga asana before performing all other yoga posture.
It is an excellent pose for all beginners and for those who have a very stiff body. Easy Sitting Pose is a part of our daily routine life. So let’s start this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga session and how can we perform it with the help of step-by-step instruction.
Steps to do Easy Sitting Pose or Sukhasana Yoga Asana –
- First, sit on the floor with legs stretched out in front of you.
- Now slowly bend your knees and place the left leg over the right thigh and do same with another leg.
- Now you are in a position of crossing leg with each other.
- Keep your feet loose, in order that the external edges lay on the floor and the inner curves are settled beneath the inverse leg.
- Now erect your spine, head and neck by looking into forwarding direction.
- Place your both hands palm on the knees and make sure your shoulder should be relaxed and elbows a bit bent.
- Now balance your tailbone and pubic bone in a manner that they are equidistant from the floor.
- Try to relax your whole body and breathe normally.
- This is the final position of Easy Sitting Pose yoga asana.
- Hold this position as long as you feel comfortable.
Health Benefits of Sukhasana (The Easy Sitting Pose) Yoga Exercise –
- Sukhasana yoga asana is good for meditation which calms your mind completely.
- It removes anxiety, stress and mental tiredness.
- It stretches and Lengthening your spine.
- Excellent yoga posture for those people who has a stiff body.
- It’s open up your hips joints.
- Gives the good massage to your knees, calf muscles and your thighs also.
Contradictions & Precautions for Sukhasana or Easy Sitting Pose Yoga Session –
This yoga posture is very easy to perform but in few situations just avoid this yoga asana and the cautions for Easy Setting Pose are –
- If you are suffering from any knee or hips injury then avoid this yoga asana.
- If you have lower back pain or sciatica problem then don’t try this yoga exercise session.
Finally, you get to know all thing which is very necessary to perform Sukhasana (The Easy Sitting Pose) Yoga asana. You can also check detailed steps or health benefits for Easy Sitting Pose from here. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.