Seated Mountain Pose – Seated Mountain Pose yoga is a part of Parvatasana yoga asana series. This yoga posture improves the alignment of the spine and also release stress in the shoulders and the trunk. Parvatasana yoga has lots of variation but here we will discuss Seated Mountain Pose. In this posture, the body is stretched to look like a mountain.
Seated Mountain Pose is a basic yoga posture which can be done by all beginners. This yoga asana is a good body relaxation pose which has lots of health benefits. So let’s start this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga asana and how can we perform with the help of detailed steps.
Steps to do Seated Mountain Pose or Parvatasana Yoga Asana –
- First, come into a comfortable sitting position with the erect spine. You can also use a chair to perform this yoga asana.
- Make sure your legs should be crossed to each other.
- Now interlock your both hands fingers and move your arms in forwarding direction.
- Try to stretch your both hands in front of you as much you can.
- Now slowly raise your hands in upwards direction and align them with your ears.
- In this position, your spine, head and hands should be in a straight line.
- Breathe normally and try to keep your body upper part straight.
- Now open up your chest and relax your body.
- This is the final position of Seated Mountain Pose.
- Hold this position for a few minutes and breathe normally and steadily.
- Repeat this yoga posture 2-3 times in a day for the best result.
Health Benefits of Seated Mountain Pose (Parvatasana) Yoga Exercise –
- Parvatasana yoga exercise gives the good stretch to your back and shoulder.
- It calms down your mind.
- Gives good stretch to your spine and also improve alignment.
- Good yoga posture for the upper body part.
- It also expands your chest.
- Helpful to remove back pain.
Contradictions & Precautions for Seated Mountain Pose –
There are no major contradictions for Parvatasana yoga poses due to its simplicity. But if you are suffering from any hip or knee injury then avoid this yoga exercise session.
Finally, you get to know about all thing which is very essential for Seated Mountain Pose (Parvatasana) Yoga position and its health benefits. To perform this yoga asana check detailed steps which are mentioned above. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.