Salamba Sirsasana Yoga - Salamba Sirsasana yoga is also known as Supported Head Stand Pose which is a variation of Sirsasana yoga series.Salamba Sirsasana is a Sanskrit word where 'Salamba' means 'With Support', 'Sirsa' means 'Head' and 'Asana' means 'Pose', hence the name so. This yoga posture is much easier then Sirsasana yoga.
Supported Head Stand yoga asana also known as the king of all asana because it has lots of health benefits among the all other yoga position. Before practising this yoga session you have to aware about Sirsasana yoga. At the initial stage, it quite tough to perform so always do it with the help yoga instructor or use a wall support if required. Let's begin this yoga session by knowing the exact for it and how can we perform it the easiest way.
Also, Check - Swastikasana (The Auspicious Pose) Yoga Surya Namaskara (Sun Salutation Pose) Yoga
Steps to do Supported Head Stand or Salamba Sirsasana Yoga Asana -
- First, come into a kneeling position and place a soft blanket on the floor to support your head.
- Now place your head on the floor between two hands.
- Come to your hands and knees with wrists underneath shoulder and knees underneath hips.
- Make sure elbows should be width apart from your shoulder.
- Interlock your fingers and try to press your inner wrists to the floor.
- Slowly move your legs just close to the chest.
- Bend your knees and try to put your body weight on the head and hands.
- Firm your shoulder blades against your back and toward your tailbone in order to keep the torso elongated and protect your neck and head.
- Keep your both feet together and try to raise your legs in upwards direction and at the same time, your body weight fully supported by head and hands.
- Raise the body so that the body is fully erect in the inverted position like 'V'.
- Now try to balance your body weight on head and hands.
- This is the final position of Supported Head Stand Pose.
- Stay in the final position for a few seconds if you are a beginner.
- Breath normally during the final position.
Health Benefits of Salamba Sirsasana (Supported Head Stand) Yoga Exercise -
As you all know Salamba Sirsasana is the most popular yoga asana which has lots of health benefits and here we placed some amazing benefits of it -
- Supported Head Stand Pose strengthens the spine, neck, shoulders, and arms muscles.
- It stimulates pituitary and pineal glands.
- Good yoga exercise for the nervous system.
- It releases stress and calms your mind.
- It tones abdominal organs and increases digestion power.
- This yoga posture good for the reproductive system and helps to cure infertility.
- Stimulates and strengthens the lungs, facilitating healthy breathing
- It gives the good sense of balance and improves body posture.
- It also increases liver, kidneys, stomach and intestines function.
Click Here -Supta Vajrasana (Supine Thunderbolt Pose) Yoga | Tadasana (Palm Tree Pose) Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Salamba Sirsasana Yoga Session -
Supported Head Stand Pose is not so easy to perform because it has lots of arms and shoulder strength. So before performing this yoga asana, you have to follow some precautions to avoid any health injury and these cautions are -
- Always start this yoga session with the help of a yoga instructor at the initial stage.
- If you are suffering from any back, neck or shoulder injury then avoid this yoga asana.
- If you have low blood pressure issue then don't try this yoga pose.
- If you are a heart patient then it's better to avoid this yoga session.
- Pregnant women should not attempt this yoga posture.
So that's all about Salamba Sirsasana (Supported Head Stand) Yoga positions and its health benefits. You can also check detailed steps from here to perform Supported Head Stand Pose. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: