Pranamasana Yoga – Pranamasana yoga is also known as the Prayer Pose which is the starting position in Sun Salutation yoga series. This yoga posture is very easy to perform by standing in a Surya Namaskara position. Pranamasana is a Sanskrit word where ‘Pranam’ means ‘Prayer’ or ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. In this yoga asana, we standing straight in a prayer position with both palms are held together.
Prayer Pose yoga commonly used to show respect to elders, seniors, gurus and guests. According to Indian culture, the word for greeting is “Namaste” which means that – I bow down to the Self in you. It gives a sense of relaxation and inner peace. So let’s begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this asana and how can we perform it in the easiest way.
Steps to do Prayer Pose or Pranamasana Yoga Asana –
- First, come into a standing position with feet together.
- Erect your spine and look into forwards direction.
- Now bring your both hands together and join the palms in the centre of your chest.
- Align your both elbows alongside the body part.
- Now you are in the final position of Prayer Pose.
- Breathe normally during the whole process which gives you a deep relaxation.
- Hold this position as long as you can.
- To release this yoga pose lower down your hands until the elbows touch the sides of your body.
Health Benefits of Pranamasana (The Prayer Pose) Yoga Exercise –
- Pranamasana yoga commonly used to show respect or greet each other.
- Good yoga posture for body relaxation and concentration power.
- Good for nervous system and increase sense of balance.
Contradictions & Precautions for Pranamasana Yoga –
Prayer Pose is very simple to perform so you don’t need to follow any precautions before performing this yoga asana. This yoga asana commonly used in the Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations yoga series.
So that’s all about Pranamasana (The Prayer Pose) Yoga positions and its health benefits. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits also.