Poorva Halasana Yoga - Poorva Halasana yoga is also known as the Preliminary Plough Pose which is a part of Halasana yoga posture. Before performing Preliminary Plough Pose yoga asana you have to aware about Halasana pose. Poorva Halasana is a Sanskrit word where 'Poorva' means 'Preliminary', 'Hala' means 'Plough' and 'Asana' means 'Pose'. This yoga exercise reduces belly and waist fat and tones the internal organs.
This yoga asana slightly different from Halasana where our body remains at a 45 degrees angle to the floor. Let's begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga and how can we perform it in the easiest way.
Also, Check - Pranamasana (The Prayer Pose) Yoga | Paschima Namaskarasana (Reverse Prayer Pose) Yoga
Steps to do Preliminary Plough Pose or Poorva Halasana Yoga -
- First, lie down on the floor on your backside with legs stretched out.
- Now relax your body and keep your both feet together and place both hands alongside your body.
- Slowly raise your legs up and support your body weight on your buttocks.
- Make sure your both hands should be resting on the floor.
- Take a deep breath and hold your legs at a 45-degree angle to the floor.
- Now try to maintain your body balance without touching your legs on the floor.
- This is the final position of Preliminary Plough Pose.
- Hold this position as long as you feel comfortable.
- Repeat this yoga posture 3-5 times in a day for the best result.
Health Benefits of Poorva Halasana (Preliminary Plough Pose) Yoga Exercise -
- Poorva Halasana yoga is good for back muscles and spinal cord.
- Very useful yoga exercises to reduce belly or waist fat.
- Useful for asthma, bronchitis.
- Good yoga for constipation and gastric problems.
- It tones your abdomen organs.
- It increases the function of kidneys or intestines.
- It strengthens the immune system.
Click Here - Sukhasana (The Easy Sitting Pose) Yoga | Uttanpadasana Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Poorva Halasana Yoga Asana -
Before performing Preliminary Plough Pose you have to follow some precautions and these cautions are -
- Poorva Halasana yoga should not be performed in case of sciatica or slipped disk problem.
- Pregnant women should avoid this yoga posture.
- If you are suffering from the neck injury or high blood pressure problem then don't try this yoga pose.
So finally, you get to know all things which are very necessary for Poorva Halasana (Preliminary Plough Pose) Yoga asana positions. You can also check health benefits and detailed steps for Preliminary Plough Pose. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: