Pincha Mayurasana Yoga – Pincha Mayurasana yoga is also known as Feathered Peacock Pose which is a forearm stand pose. In final positions, this yoga pose looks like a peacock that spans its feathers out. Pincha Mayurasana is a Sanskrit word where ‘Pincha’ means ‘Feather’, ‘Mayur’ means ‘Peacock’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’.
This yoga posture is an advanced level of yoga which is quite challenging to perform at the initial stage. This yoga asana requires a good sense of balance, so before performing this asana first practise the basic level of Mayurasana. Let’s begin this yoga session by knowing the exact posture for it and step-by-step instruction to perform it.
Steps to do Feathered Peacock Pose or Pincha Mayurasana Yoga –
As you all know this yoga posture is very complex and its need a good sense of balance. So if you want to perform this yoga asana easily then follow below instruction carefully –
- First, lie down on the floor on your stomach or take a kneeling position.
- Now slowly bend forward and place your elbows under your shoulder.
- Make sure palm should be resting on the floor.
- Slide your legs backwards and try to raise your buttocks up.
- Take a deep breath and lift your right leg up in a straightforward manner.
- At the same time, your left leg kicks up off the floor.
- Keep your head on the floor and make sure your shoulders are far from your ears.
- Now slowly raise your other legs up to join another leg.
- In this position, your entire body weight is balanced on the forearms.
- This is the final position of Feathered Peacock Pose yoga asana.
- If you fail to do so then you can take a wall support.
- Hold this position for as long as you can and keep breathing normally.
- You have too much aware when you are realising this pose because it may be a cause of physical damage.
- To release this pose, first lower down your one legs and then bring down another leg to come back into the normal kneeling positions.
Health Benefits of Pincha Mayurasana (Feathered Peacock Pose) Yoga Exercise –
- Feathered Peacock Pose strengthens the arms and shoulder muscles.
- Improves concentration level and gives calmness to your mind.
- It gives the good stretch to back and abdomen muscles.
- Makes your wrists and elbows stronger.
- Excellent yoga exercise to increase the sense of balance in your body.
- It also reduces stress and mild depression.
Contradiction & Precautions for Pincha Mayurasana Yoga Asana –
There are a few points of caution you must keep in mind before performing Feathered Peacock Pose yoga asana and these precautions are –
- If you are a beginner then always do this yoga asana with the help of wall support or any other things.
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure then avoid this yoga asana.
- Avoid Pincha Mayurasana yoga session in case of shoulder or back injury.
- If you have weak wrist or shoulder then don’t try this yoga posture.
- Pregnant women should avoid this yoga practise session.
So that’s all about Pincha Mayurasana (Feathered Peacock Pose) Yoga position and its several health benefits. You can also check Feathered Peacock Pose detailed steps list from here. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.