Uttanpadasana Yoga (Raised Leg Pose) Description:
Pawanmuktasana Yoga - Pawanmuktasana yoga is also known as the Wind Release Pose which is highly beneficial to release abdominal gas and ease digestive disorders. This yoga posture is very simple yoga position which is suitable for all beginners. Pawanmuktasana is a Sanskrit word where 'Pawan' means 'Wind', 'Mukta' means 'Release' and 'Asana' means 'Pose', hence we called it Gas Releasing Pose. This yoga posture tones the abdominal muscles and very helpful in constipation problem.
Wind Release Pose has lots of health benefits and we will talk about it later. So let's begin this yoga session by knowing that what are the right steps to practice Pawanmuktasana and what is the exact posture for this yoga asana.
Also, Check - Supta Baddha Konasana Yoga | Pincha Mayurasana Yoga
Steps to do Wind Release Pose or Pawanmuktasana Yoga Asana -
- First, lie down on your back on the floor with legs stretched outwards.
- Place your both hands alongside your body just touches to your legs knee.
- Take a deep breath and slowly raise your legs until it touched to your chest.
- Make sure your thigh should press the abdomen area.
- Now hold your legs with the help of both hands just below the knee and try to pull your legs towards the chest.
- Try to raise up your chin and let them touch with the knee.
- Now you are in the final position of Wind Releasing Pose.
- Breathe normally during the whole process.
- Hold this position as long as you can without straining your body.
- If you want to release this yoga position then slowly lower down your legs towards the floor and come back into the normal position.
- Repeat this yoga exercise 2-3 times in a day for the best result.
Health Benefits of Pawanmuktasana (Wind Release Pose) Yoga Exercise -
This yoga posture has lots of health benefits and few of them are -
- Pawanmuktasana yoga commonly used to release unwanted gas from your intestines.
- Good yoga exercise in case of indigestion, bloating, flatulence, acidity, and constipation.
- It gives a good stretch to the neck and back muscles.
- It soothes stiffness in the spine.
- Helpful for internal organs or reproductive organs.
- Increase blood circulation in the pelvic region.
- Strengthen the lower back muscles.
- It helps to burn fat in the thighs, buttocks, and abdominal area.
Click Here - Paschima Namaskarasana Yoga | Ardha Purvottanasana Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Pawanmuktasana or Wind Release Pose -
Wind Releasing Pose is a very simple yoga posture but before performing this yoga asana you have to keep some precautions in your mind to avoid any health issue and these cautions are -
- If you are suffering from any recent injury which is related to your abdomen or hips then it's better to avoid this yoga asana.
- Pregnant women should not try this yoga posture.
- If you have a hernia, slip disc, testicle disorder or menstruation problem then don't try Pawanmuktasana yoga.
- If you have high blood pressure or heart problem then don't try this yoga pose.
So finally you get to know about Pawanmuktasana (Wind Release Pose) Yoga position and its several health benefits. Always follow step-by-step instruction and precautions to perform Gas Releasing Pose yoga asana. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: