Paschima Namaskarasana Yoga – Paschima Namaskarasana yoga is also known as Reverse Prayer Pose which is very helpful in strengthening the upper back and abdomen muscles. Reverse Prayer Pose is also known as Viparita Namaskarasana. Paschima Namaskarasana is a Sanskrit word where ‘Paschima’ means ‘West’, ‘Namaskara’ means ‘Greeting or Prayer’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. This yoga posture can be done either sitting or standing position.
This yoga posture is very simple to perform and its open up the shoulder joint and also gives the good stretch to abdomen muscles. Let’s start this yoga session by knowing the exact posture of it and what steps will be taken during the yoga session.
Steps to do Reverse Prayer Pose or Paschima Namaskarasana Yoga –
- Reverse Prayer Pose is a sitting or standing yoga position.
- If you want to start this yoga session with sitting yoga position then come into a position of Sukhasana and for standing position come into the position of Tadasana.
- Now relax your shoulder and bend your knee in a crossed leg position.
- Bring your both hands behind the back and let them join with both palms.
- Now bend your elbows and try to raise your hands and place them between shoulder blades.
- While doing so your spine and head should be straight or erected.
- Now you are in the final position of Reverse Prayer Pose.
- Breathe normally and hold this position as long as you can.
- At the initial stage hold this position for a few seconds.
- If you feel any stiffness in the shoulders then release this yoga posture to avoid any health injury.
- Repeat this yoga posture 2-3 times in a day for the best result.
Health Benefits of Paschima Namaskarasana (Reverse Prayer Pose) Yoga Exercise –
- Reverse Prayer Pose yoga opens up the shoulder joints and makes them more flexible.
- Gives good stretch to the upper part of your body.
- This yoga posture reduces stiffness in the shoulder.
- It strengthens the abdomen muscles.
- It’s open up and expands your chest.
- This yoga asana releases stress and calms your mind.
Contradictions & Precautions for Paschima Namaskarasana Yoga Session –
Before starting Reverse Prayer Pose you have to follow some precautions and these are –
- If you are suffering from any neck, arms or shoulder injury then avoid this yoga asana.
- In case of low blood pressure don’t try this yoga pose.
Finally, you get to know about Paschima Namaskarasana (Reverse Prayer Pose) Yoga positions and its health benefits. You can also check Reverse Prayer Pose detailed steps from here. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.