Parvatasana Yoga – Parvatasana yoga is also known as the Mountain Pose because it looks like a mountain in the final position. The name of Parvatasana comes from the Sanskrit word where ‘Parvata’ means ‘Mountain’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. This yoga posture also mentioned in the Sun Salutation yoga series. It is a basic yoga posture which can be done by all beginners. The Mountain Pose strengthens the wrists and legs muscles which also increase blood flow to the head.
So let’s begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga asana and how can we perform it in the easiest way with the help of detailed steps.
Steps to do Mountain Pose or Parvatasana Yoga Asana –
- First, take a position of Ashwa Sanchalanasana yoga to perform Parvatasana yoga session.
- Now exhale and slowly straighten you’re both legs in backwards direction make sure your feet close to each other.
- Place your both hands palm on the floor and try to raise your buttocks up.
- Now lower down your head between your arms and support your body weight on both hands palm and legs.
- In this position, your body posture looks like a mountain if we see it from the sides.
- Try to balance your body in the final position.
- This yoga posture commonly used in Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskara yoga asana series.
- Hold this position for as long as you can and keep breathing normally during this asana.
Health Benefits of Parvatasana (The Mountain Pose) Yoga Exercise –
- Parvatasana pulls up all the abdominal, pelvic and side muscles.
- It strengthens the arms or legs muscles.
- It increases blood flow towards your head.
- It reduces body fat around your abdomen.
- Increase blood circulation in the vertebral region which is good for nervous system.
Contradictions & Precautions for Parvatasana or Mountain Pose Yoga –
Before starting Mountain Pose yoga asana you have to follow some precautions and these are –
- If you are suffering from any hips, knee or spinal injury then avoid this yoga posture.
- If you have arthritis problem then don’t try this yoga asana.
- In case of weak wrist don’t try this yoga pose.
So that’s all about Parvatasana (The Mountain Pose) Yoga position and its health benefits. You can also check detailed steps from here to perform Mountain Pose yoga asana. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.