Parsva Virabhadrasana Yoga – Parsva Virabhadrasana yoga is also known as the Reverse Warrior Pose which provides a deep side stretch and also energizing your body. Parsva Virabhadrasana is a Sanskrit word where ‘Parsva’ means ‘Side or Reverse’, ‘Virabhadra’ means ‘Warrior or Legend’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. This yoga represents Lord Shiva according to Hindu mythology. Reverse Warrior Pose is highly beneficial to give a good stretch to your body side and it very simple yoga posture.
This yoga asana can be done by all beginners and it activates the Manipura chakra. So let’s begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga asana and how can we perform it with the help of step-by-step instruction which is given below.
Steps to do Reverse Warrior Pose or Parsva Virabhadrasana Yoga –
- First, stand straight on a yoga mat and place your both hands alongside your body.
- Now place your left leg in forwarding direction 2-3 feet apart from the right leg.
- Make sure upper part of your body remains straight.
- Now slowly bend your left leg knee and try to make a 90-degree angle between your thigh and legs.
- At the same time pull your right leg in the backward direction.
- In this position, do not bend your right leg and gives it maximum stretch.
- Now place your right-hand palm on right leg just below the knee side.
- Raise your left hand in upwards direction just pointing towards the sky.
- Try to open up your chest and arch the spine in the backwards direction.
- Now move your face upwards and make a gaze.
- This is the final position of Reverse Warrior Pose.
- Remain same in final position for as long as you can and breathe normally.
- Repeat this yoga posture with another leg by putting right leg in forwarding direction.
Health Benefits of Parsva Virabhadrasana (Reverse Warrior Pose) Yoga Exercise –
- Parsva Virabhadrasana Yoga completely energizes your body.
- It is a deep relaxation pose which calms your mind.
- Best hip opener yoga exercise and gives the good stretch to your arms.
- It increases cores muscles strength and opens up your chest.
- Reduces spinal related issue.
- It also increases the sense of balance.
Contradictions & Precautions for Parsva Virabhadrasana Yoga Session –
Reverse Warrior Pose has lots for health benefits but you have to follow some precautions before performing this yoga asana. As you all know prevention is better than cure, so always keep few things in your mind before practising this yoga session –
- If you are suffering from any knee or hips injury then avoid this yoga posture.
- Do not stretch your legs beyond your body limit because it may cause any injury.
- If you feel tired then avoid this yoga pose.
So finally, you get to know all thing which is necessary while performing Parsva Virabhadrasana yoga asana. You can also check health benefits of Parsva Virabhadrasana (The Reverse Warrior Pose) Yoga position. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.