Parivrtta Trikonasana Yoga - Parivrtta Trikonasana yoga is also known as Revolved Triangle Pose which is the counter pose of Utthita Trikonasana yoga. This yoga posture needs a good sense of balance in order to achieve stability. Parivrtta Trikonasana is a Sanskrit word where 'Parivrtta' means 'Revolved', 'Trikona' means 'Triangle' and 'Asana' means 'Pose'. This yoga asana good for back muscles and makes your spine more flexible.
Revolved Triangle Pose is quite challenging at the initial stage because it needs lots of flexibility. But don't worry about it a few practise session makes it easier. So let's begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga asana and how can we perform it in the easiest way.
Also, Check - Utkatasana Yoga | Parivrtta Sukhasana Yoga
Steps to do Revolved Triangle Pose or Parivrtta Trikonasana Yoga Asana -
- Stand straight on a yoga mat with feet close together or in a Tadasana position.
- Exhale and move your foot 3-4 feet away from each other.
- Now slowly raise your hands just parallel to the ground and make sure your arms should be in shoulder level.
- Now turn your left foot in 45 to 60 degrees to the right and your right foot out to the right 90 degrees.
- In this position, your right kneecap is in line with the centre of the right ankle.
- With an exhalation, turn your torso to the right along to face the right foot and square your hip points as much as possible.
- Now bend your body in the forwarding direction and bring down your left hand towards the right foot.
- Make sure your left hand should touch the right leg toes or it can be placed on the floor according to your body flexibility.
- At the same time, your right hand remain straight in the upward direction.
- Now turn your head and gaze up at the top thumb.
- This is the final position of Revolved Triangle Pose where you bring most of your body weight on the back heel and the front hand.
- Stay or remain same in final position for as long as you feel comfortable and keep breathing normally.
- Repeat this yoga posture with another side too.
- Practise this yoga asana 2-3 times in a day for the best result.
Health Benefits of Parivrtta Trikonasana (Revolved Triangle Pose) Yoga Exercise -
- Parivrtta Trikonasana yoga asana gives the good stretch to legs or back muscles and makes them more flexible.
- The hips and the spine get a good stretch.
- Good yoga exercise which relieves mild back pain.
- Stimulates & tones the abdominal organs.
- It improves the sense of balance in your body.
- Helpful in digestive or constipation problem.
- Good for the nervous system.
Click Here - Paschimottanasana Yoga | Urdhva Padmasana Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Parivrtta Trikonasana (Revolved Triangle Pose) Yoga Session -
Revolved Triangle Pose has lots of health benefits and also has some limitations too. So before performing this yoga asana, you have to follow some precaution and these are -
- Strictly avoid this yoga posture in case of serious back pain.
- Parivrtta Trikonasana yoga not to practised in headaches or migraines problem.
- If you are suffering from vertigo or Insomnia problem then don't do this yoga.
- If you have any spine, knee or hips injury then avoid this yoga posture.
- Low Blood Pressure patient should not try this yoga asana.
So that's all about Parivrtta Trikonasana or Revolved Triangle Pose Yoga position and its steps. You can also check health benefit of Revolved Triangle yoga pose. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: