Parivrtta Sukhasana Yoga – Parivrtta Sukhasana yoga is also known as The Easy Seated Twist Pose which is a simple setting pose. This yoga posture is an advanced version of Sukhasana yoga asana. Parivrtta Sukhasana is a Sanskrit word where ‘Parivrtta’ means ‘Twisted’, ‘Sukha’ means ‘Easy’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’ that’s why we called it Revolved or Simple Twist Pose. This yoga posture is very easy to perform and it can be performed by all beginners.
The Easy Seated Twist Pose increases the flexibility of the spine and upper back. It also cools down your mind and tones abdomen muscles. Let’s begin this yoga practise session by knowing that what is the exact posture of this yoga asana and what steps taken during this yoga asana.
Steps to do Easy Seated Twist Pose or Parivrtta Sukhasana Yoga Asana –
- For Parivrtta Sukhasana yoga asana first, come into the position of Sukhasana.
- Start this yoga session by sitting on the floor with legs stretched out.
- Now fold your legs and come into a position of crossing legs.
- Erect your spine with a straight back and breathe normally.
- Now place your right-hand palm on left knee and right-hand palm fingers away from your hips.
- Slowly turn your body in the left side and twist the torso further to the right.
- Make sure your neck and head pulled up during this posture and your spine should be erected or straight.
- Now you are in the final position of Easy Seated Twist Pose.
- Breathe slowly in the final position and hold this pose for as long as you feel comfortable.
- Repeat this process with another side too at least 2-3 times in a day.
Health Benefits of Parivrtta Sukhasana (The Easy Seated Twist Pose) Yoga Exercise –
- It is an excellent yoga posture which gives flexibility to your back muscles and spine.
- It increases your shoulder strength and relieves shoulder pain.
- Improves your metabolism system.
- Good yoga exercise for the nervous system.
- It reduces anxiety or stress from your mind.
- Parivrtta Sukhasana yoga stretches the upper chest and tones abdomen organs.
Contradictions & Precautions for Parivrtta Sukhasana or Simple Twist Pose Yoga –
You have to follow some precaution before performing this yoga asana to reduce the chance of any health issue. In few situations just avoid this yoga posture and these are –
- If you are suffering from spondylitis then its better to avoid Easy Seated Twist Pose.
- Don’t do this yoga asana in case of neck or shoulder pain.
- If you have a spinal related problem then don’t try this pose.
- Do not twist your body beyond the limit.
So that’s all about Parivrtta Sukhasana (The Easy Seated Twist Pose) Yoga position and its several health benefits. You can also check detailed step-by-step instruction from here to perform Simple Seated Twist Pose yoga asana. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.