Parivrtta Prasarita Padottanasana Yoga – Parivrtta Prasarita Padottanasana Yoga is also known as Wide-Legged standing forward bend twisted pose which is an extreme stretching position. Parivrtta Prasarita Padottanasana is Sanskrit word where ‘Parivrtta’ means ‘Revolved or twisted’, ‘Prasarita’ means ‘Spread out’, ‘Pada’ means ‘Foot’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. So we called it Wide-Legged Forward Bend pose. This yoga posture completely relaxes your body and increase your digestion power.
Let’s start this yoga session by knowing that what’s the exact posture for this yoga asana and how can we perform it step-by-step instruction.
Steps to do Wide-Legged Forward Bend Pose or Parivrtta Prasarita Padottanasana Yoga –
- First, stand straight on the floor and place your both hands on your hips.
- Now spread your both legs with 2-3 feet apart from each other.
- Exhale and slowly bend your body in the forward direction.
- Now place your both hands palm on the floor and try to maintain your body balance.
- Make sure in this position, your both legs should be in a straight manner and gives maximum stretch to your hamstrings and calf muscles.
- Now slightly raise your left hands towards the ceiling with palm pointing upwards.
- Turn your head in upwards direction and make a gaze on the fixed point.
- This is the final position of Parivrtta Prasarita Padottanasana Yoga.
- Hold this position for as long as you can and keep breathing during this pose.
- If you want to release this posture then slowly put your right-hand palm on the floor and come back into a normal standing pose.
- Repeat this yoga posture with another side too.
Health Benefits of Parivrtta Prasarita Padottanasana Yoga Exercise –
- Wide-Legged standing forward bend twisted pose yoga is good for hamstrings, thighs and calf muscles.
- It gives a good massage to abdomen organs which improve your digestion system.
- It releases stress in the shoulders and neck muscles.
- Good yoga exercise which calms your mind and reduces mild depression.
- It also increases the sense of balance.
- It strengthens the muscles of the upper body and shoulders.
Contradictions & Precautions for Parivrtta Prasarita Padottanasana or Wide-Legged Forward Bend Yoga –
Before performing this yoga position you have to follow some precautions otherwise its harm your body parts. So if you want to avoid any health injury then follow below-given points –
- Please don’t do this yoga pose in case of any hips, knee, shoulder or neck related problems.
- If you passed from any recent surgery then avoid this yoga posture.
- If you are suffering from lower back pain or injury then don’t try this yoga pose.
Finally, you get to know about all thing which is very necessary while performing Parivrtta Prasarita Padottanasana Yoga asana session. You can also check detailed steps and its health benefits from here. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.