Padahastasana Yoga - Padahastasana Yoga pose is also known as Head to Foot Pose which is an inverted yoga posture. The name of Padahastasana comes from Sanskrit word where 'Pada' means 'Foot', 'Hasta' means 'Hand' and 'Asana' means 'Pose or Posture'. This yoga posture good for thigh and calf muscles. Hand Under Foot Pose also mentioned as 3rd pose in Sun Salutation yoga series. It also gives a deep stretch to hamstrings, calves, back of thighs and lowers back.
In this yoga posture, we touch our feet by the hands by bending your body in the forwarding direction. So let's begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga exercise and how can we perform it.
Also, Check - Niralamba Sirsasana Yoga | Naukasana (The Boat Pose) Yoga
Steps to do Hand to Foot Pose or Padahastasana Yoga Session -
- First, stand straight on the floor with an erect spine.
- Now slowly raise your arms in upwards direction and stretch your body as much as you can.
- Exhale and slowly bend your body in forwarding direction until your hands touch the floor.
- In this position, your forehead just touches your knees and your palm should be resting on the floor.
- Try to loosen up your shoulder and relax your body.
- Make sure your chest or abdomen region is just above your thigh and your legs remain straight.
- Now you are in the final position of Padahastasana yoga.
- Hold this position as long as you feel comfortable and take deep or long breathe during this posture.
- This yoga posture requires lots of flexibility at the initial stage, so do it carefully.
Health Benefits of Padahastasana (Hand to Foot Pose) Yoga Exercise -
- Padahastasana Yoga is excellent for back and legs muscles.
- It reduces stress, anxiety and fatigue from your body.
- Good yoga exercise which increases your digestion power and reduces constipation problem.
- Tones and energizes spinal muscles and nerves.
- Best yoga exercise for all gastric problem.
- Improves body posture and balance and also reduce belly fat.
Click Here - Padma Mayurasana Yoga | Parivrtta Anjaneyasana Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Padahastasana Yoga Position -
Hand to Foot Pose has several health benefits but you have to follow some precautions before performing this yoga asana and these are -
- Padahastasana Yoga is not good for those people who suffer from hip or knee injury.
- In case of back pain or spinal problem avoid this yoga asana.
- Do not try this yoga posture if you have sciatica, Vertigo or abdominal hernia problem.
Finally, you get to know about Padahastasana (Hand to Foot Pose) Yoga position and its health benefits. From here, you can also check detailed steps to perform Hand to Foot Pose. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: