Niralamba Sirsasana Yoga - Niralamba Sirsasana Yoga also known as the Headstand Pose which is an advanced level of yoga in sirsasana yoga series. Niralamba Sirsasana is a Sanskrit word where 'Nira' means 'Without', 'Lamba' means 'Support', 'Sirsa' means 'Head' and 'Asana' means 'Pose'. So we also called it Unsupported Head Stand Pose.
This yoga posture is very difficult to perform because of the entire body weight should balance on the head in the inverted position. In this yoga, position arms provide balance without bearing body weight. Beginners should not attempt Sirsasana and its variations without the help from an experienced yoga instructor. Niralamba Sirsasana yoga posture has lots of variation depending on how the arms are positioned with respect to the body. Sirshasana is also known as the ‘king of all Asanas’ due to its various medical advantages, is an inverted stance. Now let's begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga asana and how can we perform it.
Also, Check - Padmasana (The Lotus Pose) Yoga | Padma Mayurasana Yoga
Steps to do Headstand Pose or Niralamba Sirsasana Yoga Session -
Unsupported Head Stand Pose is very difficult to perform but you will be able to do it after a few practise session and for this read below instruction carefully -
- First, move your legs up straight and take a position of Salamba Sirsasana yoga.
- In this position, your entire body weight should be on your head.
- For this slowly move your hands in front your body and try to balance your body weight.
- Now bring down your crown of the head to the mat on the floor and the back side of your head is touching your hands.
- At the initial stage, you can support yourself with the help of the wall.
- Now bend your knees and keep your heels near to the butts.
- Now slowly raise your legs up in a straight manner or 90-degree angle.
- This is the final position of Niralamba Sirsasana Yoga Asana.
- Breathe normally during the final position.
- To release this position slowly lower down your legs until it touches the floor.
Health Benefits of Niralamba Sirsasana (Headstand Pose) Yoga Exercise -
As you all know Headstand Pose is a great yoga asana which has lots of health benefits hence we called it the king of yoga. So here we are going to mention all major benefits list -
- Very beneficial yoga posture to release stress from your mind.
- It increases your body balancing power.
- Gives strength to arms, shoulders and core muscles.
- It corrects minor postural defects.
- It cures for headaches and migraine.
- Increases the level of haemoglobin in the blood.
- Niralamba Sirsasana yoga exercise is good for internal organs.
- Good yoga posture for endocrine glands, mainly the pituitary and pineal glands.
- Stimulates the nervous system and strengthens the spine, shoulders and neck.
Click Here - Padangusthasana (Hand to Big Toe Pose) Yoga | Naukasana (The Boat Pose) Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Niralamba Sirsasana Yoga -
Headstand Pose is very difficult yoga posture so we have to follow certain precautions before performing this yoga session -
- Always do this yoga asana with the help of a yoga instructor.
- If you are suffering from any neck or back injury then don't do Niralamba Sirsasana yoga.
- If you have a hernia, obesity and brain injury then avoid this yoga exercise.
- During menstruation avoid this yoga pose.
So that's all about Niralamba Sirsasana or Headstand Pose yoga position and its health benefits. Always follow step-by-step instruction to perform unsupported Head Stand Pose to avoid any health injury. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: