Meru Vakrasana Yoga - Meru Vakrasana is also known as the Simple Spinal Pose which is a simplified form of Ardha Matsyendrasana yoga asana. The Sanskrit name of both asanas is different whereas the English name remains same. In Sanskrit 'Meru' means 'Spinal', 'Vakra' means 'Twist' and 'Asana' means 'Pose'. Meru Vakrasana yoga stretches the spinal cord and relieves back pain. It is very useful yoga exercise to tone spinal nerves and abdominal muscles and organs.
This yoga pose also eliminates energy blockages in the spine, activate the lungs and heart, and improve endocrine function. Now let's begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture of Simple Spinal Twist Pose and how can we perform this yoga asana in the easiest way.
Also, Check - Upavistha Konasana Yoga | Naukasana (The Boat Pose) Yoga
Steps to do Simple Spinal Twist Pose or Meru Vakrasana Yoga Session -
- Sit on the floor with legs outstretched in a straight way.
- Now keep your both hands beside your thigh or buttocks.
- Relax your body and keep your trunk and spine straight.
- Keep your left foot beside the right knee and make sure your left knee raised upward.
- Now bring the left hand to the right and place the left palm next to the right palm.
- Twist your head and trunk to the right as much as you can.
- Now you are in the final position and keep deep breathing.
- Remain same in this position for at least 1 to 3 minutes or as long as you can.
- Now repeat this yoga asana with left side by placing the right foot next to the left knee.
Health Benefits of Meru Vakrasana (Simple Spinal Twist Pose) Yoga Exercise -
- Meru Vakrasana yoga tones your spinal or back muscles.
- It loosens the spinal column and stimulates the spinal nerves.
- Massages the abdominal organs.
- Very effective yoga posture to reduce belly fat.
- Specifically stimulates Navel chakra or Manipur chakra.
- Loosens the hip joints, relieving stiffness.
- This yoga asana relieves back pain.
Click Here - Padma Mayurasana Yoga | Niralamba Sirsasana Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Meru Vakrasana Yoga Asana -
Before starting Simple Spinal Twist Pose you have to follow some precautions and these are -
- If you are suffering from any knee, back or hips injury then don't do Meru Vakrasana yoga.
- If you have Hiatal Hernia problem then avoid this yoga posture.
- Do not stretch your body beyond your limit it may cause any strain.
Finally, you get to know about Meru Vakrasana (Simple Spinal Twist Pose) Yoga Positions and its health benefits. You can also check detailed step-by-step instruction to perform Simple Spinal Twist Yoga Pose. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: