Mayurasana Yoga – Mayurasana Yoga is also known as The Peacock Pose which is a symbol of love and immortality. In Sanskrit ‘Mayur’ means ‘Peacock’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’, so we called it Peacock Pose. Mayurasana Yoga asana looks like a peacock when it struts around with its plumes down. This yoga position also mentioned in the yogic text Hatha Yoga Pradeepika. Peacock Pose Yoga asana is very complicated which need lots of patience and practise.
This yoga posture requires lots of arm strength hence its quiet tuff to perform at the initial stage but don’t worry about it you will be able to do this yoga posture after a few practise session. So let’s start this yoga asana session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga and what steps will be taken during this yoga pose.
Steps to do Peacock Pose or Mayurasana Yoga Asana Pose –
- First, you need to sit on the floor on your heels and make a gap between your knees.
- Now place your both hands palm on the floor with fingers point towards your body.
- Lean your body in the forwarding direction and keep your abdomen firm.
- Slowly move or stretch your legs out in the backward direction.
- In this position, your both legs should be in straight line and your toes touch the floor.
- Now slowly raise your body up just parallel to the ground.
- Keep your shoulder bones strong and pushed into your back and put your entire body weight on your forearms and palms.
- Balanced your body by the elbows on the abdominal muscles.
- Now you are in the final position of Peacock Pose.
- Hold this position for a few seconds by taking deep breaths.
Health Benefits of Mayurasana (The Peacock Pose) Yoga Exercise Session –
The Peacock Pose has lots of health benefits and few of them are –
- Mayurasana Yoga is good for the digestive system and makes your abdomen stronger.
- It removes the bad toxin from your body.
- Peacock Pose asana energizes the pancreas, stomach, liver, spleen, kidneys, and intestines.
- It increases sexual vitality and energy.
- Makes your elbows, wrist, spine, and shoulders stronger.
- Good yoga exercise for the reproductive system.
- It calms down your mind by reducing anxiety and stress.
- Highly beneficial in piles, constipation and diabetic problem.
Contradictions & Precautions for Mayurasana Yoga Posture –
You have to avoid this yoga asana in few situations because it can be a cause of any health issue. So just follow below precaution before performing Peacock Pose yoga session –
- Do not try Mayurasana yoga asana if you have any shoulder, elbow or wrist injury.
- Women should avoid this yoga pose during menstruation and pregnancy.
- If you are suffering from Heart diseases, Brain tumour, Hernia or High Blood Pressure problem the don’t do this yoga posture.
- Release this yoga pose if you feel uncomfortable.
So that’s all about Mayurasana (The Peacock Pose) Yoga Positions and its health benefits. You can check detailed step-by-step instruction to perform Peacock Pose yoga session. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.