Matsya Kridasana Yoga - Matsya Kridasana yoga asana also known by its another name Flapping Fish Pose which is an excellent relaxation pose. Matsya Kridasana is a Sanskrit word which is the combination of three words where 'Matsya' means 'Fish', 'Krida' means 'Flap' and 'Asana' means 'Pose'. In the final position, this yoga pose looks like a playing fish flapping its tail and fins in the water.
Flapping Fish Pose is highly beneficial for pregnant women which give mental and physical relief during the third trimester. This yoga position is also good to calm our mind, body and soul. Let’s begin by knowing the steps to practice Matsya Kridasana and what is the exact posture for this yoga asana.
Also, Check - Malasana (The Garland Pose) Yoga | Vrikshasana Yoga (The Tree Pose)
Steps to do Flapping Fish Pose or Matsya Kridasana Yoga Session -
- First, lie down on your stomach in a relaxed position.
- Now interlock your both hands fingers and place them under the head and make sure your palms towards the floor.
- In this position, your face should be towards the left side and your left hand beneath on right hand.
- Now slowly bend your left leg knee just close to your ribs.
- Try to touch your left-hand elbow to your left knee.
- Make sure your right leg should be in a straight manner during this process.
- At the same time, right part of your body should be resting on the floor.
- This is the final position of Flapping Fish Pose yoga asana.
- Now close your eyes and try to relax your body.
- Take deep or long breathe during this yoga asana and hold this position as long as you can.
- Repeat this yoga posture with head turned towards right and remain your left leg straight.
Health Benefits of Matsya Kridasana (Flapping Fish Pose) Yoga Exercise -
- Matsya Kridasana yoga asana stimulates digestive peristalsis by stretching the intestines.
- Good yoga exercise which relieves constipation problem.
- Relieves lower back pain or sciatic pain.
- Very useful yoga asana for pregnant women.
- It cools down the mind and gives relief from all kinds of stress and tension.
- It reduces excess body weight around the waistline.
- Best yoga exercise for High Blood Pressure patient.
Click Here - Mayurasana (The Peacock Pose) Yoga | Marjariasana (The Cat Pose) Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Matsya Kridasana Yoga Asana -
You have to follow some precautions before performing the Flapping Fish Pose and these situations are -
- If you are suffering from back or neck pain then don't do Matsya Kridasana yoga pose.
- In case of blocked nostrils.
- Avoid this yoga posture in case of spinal disorders, heart disease or cervical spondylitis problem.
So that's all about Matsya Kridasana (Flapping Fish Pose) Yoga positions and its health benefits. Always follow above-given guidelines before performing Matsya Kridasana yoga asana. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: