Marjariasana Yoga – Marjariasana Yoga is also known as The Cat Pose which gives the good flexibility to spine and back muscles. Marjariasana Yoga Asana derived from the Sanskrit word where ‘Marjari’ means ‘Cat’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. This yoga posture also is known as the Cat Stretch Pose because it has been adopted by observing the Cat. As you all know a cat has the most flexible spines in all animal category.
In this yoga posture, we bend our body in forwarding direction with the help of back arch. Now let’s start this yoga asana session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga position and how can we perform it in the easiest way.
Steps to do Cat Pose or Marjariasana Yoga Session –
- First, come into a table pose where your back stands for a table top and your hands and legs represent the legs of the table.
- Make sure in this position your arms should be in a line with your shoulder and legs are exactly beneath your hips.
- Now try to adjust your body posture which looks like a standing cat.
- Align your trunk just parallel to the ground and your thigh should be vertical and straight.
- In this position, your lower legs should be resting on the floor.
- Exhale with looking forward and try to raise up your spine from the floor.
- Curl your head inwards and look at the distance between your knees with straight hands.
- This is the basic position of Cat Pose.
- Now relax your body and lower down your spine towards the ground and raise your forehead slightly up.
- This is the final position of Marjariasana Yoga exercise.
- Hold this position as long as you can and keep breathing normally during this yoga asana.
Health Benefits of Marjariasana (The Cat Pose) Yoga Exercise –
- Marjariasana or Cat Pose Yoga makes your spine more flexible.
- It removes stiffness in the back muscles.
- Improves digestion system.
- This asana helps to tone the abdomen organs.
- It is good for those people who are suffering from Spondylitis and slipped disk.
- Its Strengthens your arms, wrists, and shoulders.
- This yoga posture also increases blood circulation in your body.
Contradictions & Precautions for Marjariasana Yoga Posture –
If you want to avoid any health injury then you have to follow some precautions before doing this yoga asana and these circumstances are –
- If you have any neck or knee injury then avoid this yoga asana.
- Do not practise this yoga asana in the later stage of pregnancy.
- Do not stretch your body beyond your body limit.
So that’s all about Marjariasana (The Cat Pose) Yoga Position and its health benefits. You can also check detailed steps which are used during this yoga asana. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.