Mandukasana Yoga – Mandukasana Yoga is also known as The Frog Pose which is an excellent yoga exercise for diabetes, blood pressure and stomach disorders. The word Mandukasana has been derived from Sanskrit word which is a combination of two words. In Sanskrit, ‘Manduk’ means ‘Frog’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. This yoga position also is known as The Frog Pose because in the final position it looks like a sitting frog.
The Frog Pose is a very simple yoga posture and it can be done by all beginners. It is a good yoga exercise posture which gives an appropriate massage to the abdominal organs and burns extra fat from your belly. Mandukasana Yoga has many variations but here we are going to describe the most popular version of this yoga asana. So let’s start this yoga session by knowing the exact posture for this yoga asana and how can we perform it in the easiest way.
Steps to do Frog Pose or Mandukasana Yoga Asana –
- First, sit in a kneeling position or Vajrasana Pose.
- Now close your both hands fists and your thumb tucked inside the four fingers.
- Place your both hands fists on both sides of the navel.
- Exhale and pull your abdomen slightly inside and press the navel region.
- Now slowly bend your body in the forward direction and put maximum pressure on the naval area.
- Try to keep your back straight by looking in the forward direction.
- Now hold your breath and remain same in this position as long as you can.
- This is the final pose of Frog Pose Yoga session.
- If you want to release this posture then slowly raise your trunk in upwards direction and come back into kneeling position.
- Repeat this yoga asana at least three times in a day for the best result.
Health Benefits of Mandukasana (The Frog Pose) Yoga Exercise Session –
- Mandukasana Yoga exercise massages the entire abdominal organs including the stomach.
- Excellent yoga posture for diabetes and also increases pancreas function.
- Helps to cure constipation problem.
- It reduces your belly fat.
- It improves the functioning of digestive system and excretory system.
- It is beneficial in cardiovascular diseases.
- It gives a good stretch to the back muscles.
- It Reduces menstrual cramps in women.
Contradictions & Precautions for Mandukasana Yoga Posture –
The Frog Pose is quite tuff to perform at the initial stage and you have to follow some guidelines and precautions before performing this yoga asana and these are –
- If you are suffering from knee or back pain then don’t try Mandukasana Yoga Pose.
- Pregnant women should avoid this yoga posture.
- If you have stomach ulcer problem then avoid this yoga session.
- In case of Insomnia, migraine or high blood pressure problem don’t do this yoga asana.
So that’s all about Mandukasana or Frog Pose Yoga asana and its health benefits. We hope you clearly understand all points which are related to Frog Pose Yoga Asana. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.