Malasana Yoga – Malasana yoga is also known as The Garland Pose or Squat Pose. In Sanskrit ‘Mala’ means ‘Garland’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’ which is an excellent yoga exercise to open up your hips and the groins muscles. Malasana Yoga Position basically related to a squat pose which is used in our daily routine life. This has led to a gradual degradation of the flexibility of our lower back and hip joints. Malasana (Garland Pose) Yoga asana is very helpful to retain your body flexibility which is lost due to an inactive way of life.
This yoga asana has lots of variation which are practised in the squatting position. Squatting is one of the most effective ways to tone the entire lower body. It works the quadriceps, hamstring, gluteal, and calf muscles of the legs. Garland Pose covers all range of motion of the legs by bending the knees fully until the pelvis is resting at the back of the heels. Many of us aware of Malasana Yoga asana where our feet and hip-distance apart and our spines extend straight up. So let’s start this yoga session by knowing the exact posture of it and for this have a look at the below-given Garland Pose picture or position.
Steps to do Garland Pose or Malasana Yoga Session –
- First, come into a squat position with legs far apart.
- The sole of both feet completely touches the ground.
- Now stretch out your thighs, putting them smoothly wider than your torso.
- Move your both hands in front of the thighs.
- In this position, your torso fits comfortably in between your thighs and make sure your elbows should touch the inner side of the knees.
- Now place your both hands in front of your chest in a Namaskara pose or Anjali Mudra.
- At the same point, your elbows make some pressure against the inner thighs.
- This is the final position of Garland Pose or Malasana.
- Breathe normally or deeply during this yoga posture and hold this position as long as you can.
- Repeat this posture 2-3 times in a day for best result.
Health Benefits of Malasana (The Garland Pose) Yoga Session –
- Malasana Yoga exercise is good for hips joint and groin muscles.
- Its improve your body posture and tones your belly.
- It gives a good stretch to lower back, sacrum and groin muscles.
- Good yoga posture to tones the abdomen organs.
- Garland Pose improves your digestion power and makes your metabolism strong.
- It opens up the pelvis and aids healthy natural childbirth.
- Makes your ankles and knees flexible.
Contradictions & Precautions for Malasana Yoga Exercise –
The Garland Pose has lots of health benefits and certain limitation too. You have to follow some precautions before performing this yoga asana –
- Strictly avoid this yoga pose in a later stage of pregnancy.
- If you suffering from knee, hips or back injury then avoid Malasana Yoga asana.
- If you have very tight hip and groins then do this yoga with the help of an instructor.
That’s all about Malasana (The Garland Pose) Yoga Position and its health benefits. You will be able to do this yoga practise session by following the step-by-step instruction which is mentioned above. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.