Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga - Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana or Dolphin Plank Pose is a basic yoga posture to increasing core strength and developing balance. Dolphin Plank Pose also known as High Push-Up Pose. This Yoga posture is a combination of the plain Dolphin Pose and the Plank Pose. Plank Pose is a major component of Sun Salutations yoga.
Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana is a yoga posture that helps to tones the abdominal muscles. Dolphin Plank Pose is very easy to perform which can be done by all beginners. Now you have to know about what is the exact posture for this yoga session. For this, have a look at the below-given picture.
Also, Check - Garudasana (The Eagle Pose) Yoga | Eka Pada Sirasana Yoga
Steps to do Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana or Dolphin Plank Pose -
You will be able to perform Dolphin Plank Pose Yoga exercise after following detailed steps which are given below -
- Lie down on the ground on your face towards the floor.
- Now align your wrists directly under your shoulders and lower your elbows to the floor directly beneath your shoulders.
- Now slightly move your legs backwards and tuck your toes and step back with your feet.
- Make sure your heels and head into one straight line.
- Stretch your body from head to legs and raise the buttocks up.
- If your butt sticks up in the air, realign your body so your shoulders are directly above your elbows.
- Keep or maintain your body weight on your legs toes or the forearms.
- This is the final position for Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga posture.
- Holds this position for as far as you comfortable.
- To release the pose, bring down the legs and let the knees touch the floor and remain in this position for a few minutes.
Health Benefits of Dolphin Plank Pose or Adho Mukha Svanasana Posture -
- Dolphin Plank Pose increase bone density.
- Strengthens the arms and the shoulders.
- Give strength to your upper body and core body.
- Improves our body posture.
- It tones the muscles of the abdomen.
- It relieves a headache and fatigue.
Click Here - Eka Pada Pranamasana Yoga | Eka Pada Koundinyasana Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Dolphin Plank Pose -
You have to avoid this yoga position in few situations otherwise it will affect your body or cause any health issue. So if you want to avoid any health issue then follow below precautions:-
- Avoid this yoga session if you have any arms, shoulders, neck and hips related injury.
- Patients of Osteoporosis strictly avoid this yoga posture.
- If you have any spinal related issue then don't do this.
So that's all about Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana and Dolphin Plank Pose. From here you learn about how can we perform it and what are the health benefits of doing Dolphin Plank Pose Yoga exercise. Keep in touch with us for more yoga type and their health benefits to inhale your body or a peaceful mind.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: