Garudasana Yoga – Garudasana Yoga Pose also known as The Eagle Pose which increases body balance & posture. Garudasana is a Sanskrit word where the meaning of ‘Garuda’ recognised as ‘‘King of birds’’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’ which a symbol of the vehicle for Lord Vishnu. In this pose, the weight of the entire body is balanced on only one leg. Garudasana Yoga Pose is a standing pose where we balanced our body weight on one leg and another leg wrapped around it.
This yoga posture can be done by all practitioner which calms your body and mind. Garuda Yoga Position was originally identified with the “all-consuming fire of the sun’s rays.” Now let’s have talked about what is the exact posture for this yoga exercise and how can we perform it. First, have a look at the below-given picture to start this yoga session.
Steps to do Eagle Pose or Garudasana Yoga Posture –
You will be able to do this yoga position after a few practise session. To start this yoga session read the below instruction carefully –
- First, stand in a straight position and raise your left leg and wrap it around the right legs.
- Now place the left thigh over the right thigh and your left feet will touch the calf muscles of the right leg.
- Raise the arms in front and parallel to the floor and wrap the right hand around the left hand.
- In this position, it looks like the beak of an eagle.
- Rest your left hand’s fingers firmly on your right palm and keep your spine erect.
- Now concentrate or focus on a fixed point and try to balance your body.
- This is the final position of Garudasana Yoga Posture.
- Hold this position for as long as you can.
- Release this pose by lowering your left leg from the right leg and also unwrap your both palms and come in the standing position.
- Repeat this process with another leg also.
Health Benefits of Garudasana (The Eagle Pose) Yoga Exercise –
- Strengthens ankles and increase flexibility in shoulder joints.
- Garudasana Yoga Posture increase sense of balance.
- Beneficial for the male reproductive organs.
- It can loosen the joints of the legs
- It strengthens the calf muscles and prevents cramps.
- Beneficial in sciatica and rheumatism in leg joints.
Contradictions & Precautions for Garudasana or Eagle Pose Yoga Session –
You have to follow some precautions before doing this yoga posture and these limitations are –
- Avoid this yoga posture in case of any knee or shoulder injury.
- If you are suffering from severe arthritis of the leg joints.
- If you have asthma or low blood pressure problem then don’t do this yoga session.
Finally, you get to know about Garudasana (The Eagle Pose) Yoga position and their health benefits. You can also take an help from above section to know detailed steps to perform this yoga session. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.