Garbhasana Yoga – Garbhasana is also known by its other name The Foetus Pose due to it resembles looks like a womb in final position. The word Garbhasana comes from the Sanskrit word ‘Garbha’ which means fetus or ‘Asana’ means a Pose. Foetus Pose is a balancing Yoga Pose where you maintain your body weight on your buttocks. This yoga posture refreshes or calms our mind. In the mother’s womb, we were relatively free from all worries that’s why we called it Foetus Pose.
It is an excellent yoga pose to control your anger as well as for your Nervous system. Now you have to know about what is the exact posture for Foetus Pose yoga exercise and how can we do it in the easiest way.
Steps to do The Foetus Pose or Garbhasana Yoga Exercise –
- Sit on the floor in Padmasana or the Lotus pose.
- Look in forwards direction with an erect spine.
- Now insert or place your both hands between the thigh gap and calf muscles.
- Bend you’re both hands elbow to hold your legs.
- Raise your legs along with the hands, breath out during this step.
- Now put your body weight on your buttocks and try to hold your ears.
- Now balance your body in this position and focus on your breathing.
- This is the final position for Garbhasana Yoga Pose.
- Hold this position as far as possible by breathing continually.
Health Benefits of Garbhasana (The Foetus Pose) Yoga Session –
The Foetus Yoga Posture has lots of health benefits and few of them are –
- Garbhasana removes nervous disorder from your body.
- This yoga position is beneficial for adrenal glands and calms your mind.
- This Yoga pose, tones, and massages your abdominal organs.
- Good yoga exercise for digestion which increases appetite.
- It controls your anger and calms an excited mind.
Contradictions & Precautions for Garbhasana or Foetus Pose Yoga –
If you want to avoid any health issue then you have to follow some precautions before doing this yoga asana and these are –
- If you recently passed from any hip or slip disc injury then don’t do this yoga posture.
- Pregnant women should avoid this yoga session.
- Consult with a doctor or yoga expert before doing this yoga pose.
So that’s all about Garbhasana (The Foetus Pose) Yoga Poses techniques and steps. You can also check The Foetus Pose yoga health benefits from the above section. Keep in touch with us more yoga types and their health benefits to inhale your body.