Eka Padasana Yoga - Eka Padasana Yoga posture is also known as One Foot Pose. This yoga posture is a balancing asana which is commonly used in Sun Salutation. Eka Padasana is a Sanskrit word and in this "Eka" means 'One' and "Pada" means 'Leg or Foot', so we called it One Foot Pose. Eka Padasana also knew as it other names that are one-legged Prayer Pose or One legged salutation Pose.
Eka Pada Pranamasana is an adjusting (balancing) posture to know how our muscular coordination works, to maintain the sense of balance. It involves tremendous neural activity and neuro-muscular coordination to achieve it. Eka Padasana can improve the sense of balance and strengthen the muscles of the legs and lower back. Now you have to know what is the exact posture for this yoga position and how can we achieve it. For this, see the below-given image and detailed steps to perform this yoga asana.
Also, Check - Eka Pada Koundinyasana Yoga | Eka Pada Sirasana Yoga
Steps to do One Foot Pose or Eka Padasana Yoga Posture -
One Foot Pose Yoga is a balancing pose which can be done by all practitioners and for this just follow below procedure -
- Stand straight on the ground and keep your both feet together.
- Now raise your hand in upwards direction and interlock your fingers.
- Now raise your hands to your chest and keep both palms together.
- Bend your body in forwarding direction slowly with arms stretched out in front of you.
- Now slightly raised your left leg in the backward direction.
- Keep bending forward and make sure your body is parallel to the ground.
- In this position your left legs just perpendicular to the right leg.
- Now put your entire body weight on the left foot alone.
- This the final position of Eka Padasana Yoga session, hold this posture as far as you comfortable.
- Now repeat this yoga practise session with another leg.
Health Benefits of Eka Padasana (One Foot Pose) Yoga Exercise -
This yoga posture has several health benefits which affect your body part directly or indirectly and here is the complete list:-
- Strengthens the arms, wrists, back, hips and leg muscles
- It gives the good stretch to lower back muscles.
- Very useful yoga exercise to balances the nervous system.
- Best yoga posture for muscular coordination and increase a sense of balance.
Click Here - Chaturanga Dandasana Yoga | Garbhasana (The Foetus Pose) Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Eka Padasana Yoga -
You have to follow some precautions before starting this yoga asana and these limitations are -
- In case of legs or ankle injury avoid this posture.
- If you are a High Blood Pressure patient then avoid this Yoga Asana.
So finally you get to know all things which are essential to perform Eka Padasana (One Foot Pose) Yoga exercise. Here we will provide health benefits of this yoga posture. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: