Eka Pada Sirasana Yoga – Eka Pada Sirasana Yoga also known as One Leg behind Head Pose which is an advanced yoga pose that requires a certain combination of flexibility and strength. This yoga name drove from Sanskrit words Eka’ which means one, ‘pada’ which means leg, ‘sir’ meaning head and ‘asana’ meaning pose or posture. This yoga posture requires the very good flexibility of the leg and groin muscles. It is very difficult to perform, so make sure warmed up the body—especially the hamstrings, hips, and core before performing this yoga posture.
One Leg behind Head Pose Yoga exercise is good for a backache or a weak digestive system. Now start this yoga session by knowing the exact posture and detailed step by step instruction to perform it correctly.
Steps to do One Leg behind Head Pose or Eka Pada Sirasana Yoga –
As you all know it is an advanced level yoga posture and very difficult to perform. It can be done after lots of practice session. You will be able to do this yoga posture after following these steps –
- Sit straight on the floor with legs stretched out in front of you.
- Now bend your left leg and hold the left ankle with your right hand.
- Slightly raise your left leg as much you can which requires lots of flexibility.
- Be careful while doing it because it can cause any muscles injury.
- Pull your left leg in the backwards direction and try to place it on the left shoulder.
- Now bend your right leg knee towards the buttocks, make sure right foot soul touches your hips.
- Adjust the position so that the left leg now rests behind the neck.
- Now align your both hands in a prayer position just touch at heart centre.
- This is the final position for Eka Pada Sirasana yoga posture.
- Holds this position as far as you comfortable and breathe normally during this posture.
- Repeat this posture with another leg also.
Health Benefits of Eka Pada Sirasana Yoga Exercise Session –
- This yoga posture increases legs and spine flexibility.
- Eka Pada Sirasana is a good yoga exercise to cure digestive problem.
- It tones the sexual organs.
- Beneficial for those people who suffer from Anemia or Nervous Trembling problem.
- It makes the body more flexible and elastic to a great extent.
Contradictions & Precautions for Eka Pada Sirasana (One Leg behind Head Pose) –
One Leg behind Head Pose is not so easy to perform because it requires lots of flexibility. So you have to follow below precautions to avoid any health injury –
- Do not strain your body beyond a limit during this yoga posture.
- If you are suffering from sciatica then avoid this yoga asana.
- If you have any hip, neck or knee injury then don’t do this yoga.
- Pregnant women should avoid this yoga pose.
So finally you get to know how can we perform Eka Pada Sirasana or One Leg behind Head Pose and what are the major health benefits of doing this yoga posture. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.