Dandayamana Bharmanasana Yoga - Dandayamana Bharmanasana or Balancing Table Pose is also known as Bird Dog Pose or Sun Bird Pose. Dandayamana Bharmanasana is a Sanskrit word which drove from ‘danda’ means 'Stick', ‘yamana’ means 'Balancing', ‘bharma’ means 'Board of Table'. That's why we called it Balancing Table Pose, where the back represents the strong table top and spine represents a stick. This Yoga posture balance and strengthens the core muscles, hips, muscles of the lower back and the spine. Dandayamana Bharmanasana is very simple to perform which can be done by everyone.
Now let's have a talk about what is the exact yoga posture for this yoga session. For this, please check Dandayamana Bharmanasana Image which is given below.
Also, Check - Baddha Padmasana (Locked Lotus Pose) Yoga | Brahmacharyasana (The Celibate’s Pose) Yoga
Steps to do Dandayamana Bharmanasana or Balancing Table Pose -
Now you clearly understand about Balancing Table Pose Yoga Posture. Let's begin this yoga session with the help of detailed steps -
- Start by sitting in the kneeling position or Vajrasana.
- Place your both hand palm in front of your body.
- Inhale slowly and raise your right leg in upwards direction just parallel to ground.
- Now slowly raise your left head just parallel to ground.
- Make sure fingers reaching towards the front wall.
- Now balance your body in a straightforward manner that is your right leg, Spine and left hand should be in one line.
- Now you are in final position, breathe normally and maintain this position for as long as you are comfortable.
- To release: slowly exhale the left arm down, and then lower the knee down, back into table position.
- Repeat this pose with the left leg and right hand also.
Health Benefits of Balancing Table Pose (Dandayamana Bharmanasana) Yoga -
Dandayamana Bharmanasana Yoga has lots of Health Benefits which are given below -
- It improves balance, memory, focus and coordination.
- It strengthens the abdominal and lowers back muscles.
- Balancing Table Pose extends and stretches the spine.
- It relieves stress and tension and increases awareness of the body along with the alignment in coordination with the breath.
Click Here - Bhujangasana (The Cobra Pose) Yoga | Bhadrasana (The Gracious Pose) Yoga
Contraindications & Precaution for Dandayamana Bharmanasana Yoga -
You have to follow some precaution while doing Balancing Table Pose and these are -
- In case of Knee or Wrist injury.
- If you are suffering from spondylitis then avoid this yoga posture.
- Not to be done at the final stages of pregnancy.
So that's all about Dandayamana Bharmanasana or Balancing Table Top Pose and its Health Benefits. Keep in touch with us for more yoga type and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: