Chakrasana Yoga - Chakrasana or The Wheel Pose is also known as Upward-Facing Bow Pose. In final position this yoga posture looks like a wheel, so we called it Chakra Pose or Wheel Pose. The name “Chakrasana” comes from the Sanskrit words “Chakra” which means wheel and "Asana" means Pose. It is a backwards-bending pose which gives good flexibility to the spine. The Wheel Pose is not so easy to perform at the initial stage, hence we can perform this yoga posture after a few practise session. Let's begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this yoga asana and how can we perform it in the easiest way. First, you have to check Chakrasana yoga posture image which is shown below.
Also, Check - Baddha Padmasana (Locked Lotus Pose) Yoga | Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose) Yoga
Steps to do Wheel Pose or Chakrasana Yoga Posture Session -
Before starting Wheel Pose Yoga session you have to follow below-given steps -
- Lie flat on your back with feet apart.
- Now bend your knees and bring your heels as close to the buttocks.
- Place both of your hands beside your head with the fingers pointing towards the shoulders.
- Take a long and deep breath and slowly start raising your body with the support of the palms and the feet.
- Now lift your hips and slightly rotate your head towards the floor.
- The spine should be rolled up so that it may seem to resemble a semi-circular arch or wheel.
- Now Straighten your thighs and shoulder as much as possible and your chest may be pushed up.
- Now you are in final position hold this posture according to your body capacity.
- Slowly lower your body till it touches the ground and Straightens your legs to release this yoga posture.
Health Benefits of Chakrasana (The Wheel Pose) Yoga Exercise -
The Wheel Pose has lost of health benefits and few of them are -
- Chakrasana Yoga Strengthens your liver, pancreas and kidneys.
- It strengthens arms, shoulders, wrists, abdomen and spine.
- Stretches the chest and lungs.
- It stimulates the thyroid gland.
- Helpful in reducing the fat of the abdomen and to get rid of the bloated belly.
- It tones the organs in the abdomen including the digestive, excretory and reproductive organs.
- This yoga position is good for back pain.
Click Here - Balasana (The Child’s Pose) Yoga | Bakasana (The Crane Pose) Yoga
Contraindication & Precautions for Chakrasana Yoga -
You have to follow some precautions before performing this yoga posture and these limitations are -
- If you are suffering from any spine problem then don't do Chakrasana or Wheel Pose Yoga.
- Avoid this yoga posture in case of Cardiac ailments.
- In case of the Heart or High Blood, Pressure Problem doesn't do this.
- If you are suffering from vertigo or carpal tunnel syndrome.
So that's all about Chakrasana or The Wheel Pose Yoga posture and its health benefits. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits. As you all know yoga is good for health and became very necessary these days due to our lifestyle.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: