Bhujangasana Yoga – Bhujangasana or the Cobra Pose is the stretching yoga exercise of the front torso and the spine. In this yoga posture, the head and trunk resemble a cobra with a raised hood that’s why we called it Cobra Pose. In Sanskrit “bhujanga” means snake and “asana” means pose. It is the eighth pose in the 12 poses of the Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation yoga routine. Cobra Pose one of the best exercises for back spine which has lots of health benefits from head to feet.
The cobra posture and its variation are just like a boon to those who have back problem. This yoga posture is very easy to perform which is very helpful in backaches, stooping, slipped disks and other posture defects. Now you have to know what is the exact posture for this yoga asana. For this have a look at the below-given picture.
Detailed Steps for The Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana Yoga Session –
You will be able to perform Bhujangasana Cobra Pose yoga session by following below-mention steps –
- Start by lying on your stomach and rest your forehead on the floor.
- Now Bring your both hands to the front at shoulder level.
- Keep your feet together and your toes touching the ground.
- Now slowly raise your forehead in upwards direction with the help of palm.
- Move your neck slightly backwards, so that the pose looks like a cobra.
- Now push your stomach against the floor and breathe normally.
- Now you are in final position and hold this position for 1-2 minutes with continuous inhaling and exhaling.
- Back on to the normal position by bringing the hands back to the sides and your forehead just resting on the floor.
Health Benefits of Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) Yoga Exercise –
Cobra Pose has lots of health benefits which affect your body part directly or indirectly. So here we mention major health benefits and these are –
- It stimulates the digestives system and relieves constipation.
- Decreases stiffness of the lower back.
- Bhujangasana Yoga posture very useful in lower back pain.
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders and gives flexibility.
- It tones the organs in the lower abdomen, the digestive organs or helpful in urinary disorder.
- It decreases menstrual irregularities in women.
- Relieves stress and fatigue
- Improves circulation of blood and oxygen, especially throughout the spinal and pelvic regions
Contradictions & Precautions for Bhujangasana (The Cobra Pose) –
Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose has lots of health benefits but you have to avoid this yoga asana in few situations and these are –
- Avoid this yoga posture in any spine or hip injury.
- Pregnant women should avoid Cobra Pose yoga asana.
- If you are suffering from slip disc problem.
- People having a hernia or ulcer problem should also never attempt this asana.
So this is all about Bhujangasana Yoga posture and its health benefits. The Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) is very important yoga exercise for all people, so start doing it on a regular basis and keep in touch with us for more yoga type and their health benefits.