Bhadrasana Yoga - Bhadrasana or The Gracious Pose is a bais yoga pose which is suitable for all beginners. Bhadrasana Yoga activates the Mooladhara chakra. Bhadrasana is a Sanskrit which is a combination of two words that is ‘Bhadra’ means ‘auspicious’ and ‘asana’ means ‘pose’. This yoga asana commonly used in Hatha yoga. This asana is a destroyer of diseases, relieves fatigue and is suitable for prolonged periods of sitting.
Bhadrasana or The Gracious Pose also mentioned in Hatha Yoga Pradeepika which is written by Yogi Swatmarama. This Yoga asana posture is good for meditation. Let's start this yoga session by knowing the fact what is the exact posture for it and how can we perform it in the easiest way.
Also, Check - Bakasana (The Crane Pose) Yoga | Baddha Padmasana (Locked Lotus Pose) Yoga
Steps to do The Gracious Pose or Bhadrasana Yoga Posture -
To know detailed information about Bhadrasana Yoga steps you have to check below-given points -
- Sit on the Yoga mat and stretch you are both legs without straining them.
- Now fold your both legs and make sure the souls of the feet must touch each other.
- Keep your hands on your knees and set your gaze on a point and look forward while keeping your head and neck straight.
- You both legs should rest on the ground and it will require a good amount of flexibility.
- Now align your both hand by the body side and relax your shoulder in this position.
- Now you are in final position, breath normally and slowly.
- You can also practice nasikagra drishti by concentrate on the nose tip, once you feel comfortable in this pose.
- Remains or hold the position for a few minutes or as far as you comfortable.
Health Benefits of Bhadrasana (The Gracious Pose) Yoga Session -
Now come to the main point i.e what are the health benefits of doing Bhadrasana Yoga asana. For this check below-given list:-
- It gives good stretches to thighs, legs and buttocks.
- Develops flexibility of legs.
- Activates Muladhara or root chakra.
- Improves focus and concentration and calms the mind.
- Helpful in acidity, gastritis and constipation problem.
- Eases delivery, labour during childbirth.
Click Here - Ashwa Sanchalanasana Yoga | Dandayamana Bharmanasana Yoga
Contradictions & Precautions for Bhadrasana Yoga Pose -
You have to follow below precaution before doing The Gracious Pose and these limitations are -
- Avoid this asana in case of joint or abdominal pain.
- Do not practice if you feel a strain on the body.
- Pregnant women should avoid this asana.
So that's all about Bhadrasana or The Gracious Pose and its health benefits. Keep in touch with us for more yoga type and their health benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: