Balasana Yoga – Balasana or the Child’s Pose is excellent yoga exercise for those who suffering from Back pain. Balasana Yoga posture is one of the easiest relaxation poses and can be done by all practitioners. In Sanskrit, Balasana means Child and Asana means a yoga pose. The Child Pose is very easy to perform that can even be performed by beginners. Balasana yoga also known as Garbhasana or Shashankasana.
Balasana is a curve or bend pose, which extends and discharges the spine and lower back pain. So let’s begin this yoga session by knowing that what is the exact posture for this asana. Here we placed Balasana yoga posture image to get an idea about this posture.
Steps to do Child Pose or Balasana Yoga Session –
Balasana Yoga practise session very easy to perform which can be done by all beginners. For this, see below-given steps:-
- First, sit on kneeling position on the yoga mat or Palin surface.
- Now bend your knee in a manner that your buttocks touching on your heels.
- Slowly bend forward and let your chest rest between the thighs and your forehead just touche the floor.
- Adjust your pelvis and sacrum in such a way that your abdomen rests between the inner thighs and the back is stretched forward.
- Place your both hands in a forwarding direction and Keep your arms alongside your body.
- Make sure your palms should touch the floor and your both arms should be in line with the knees.
- Now you are in final position hold this position for 2-3 minutes or as far as you comfortable with this posture.
- Breathe normally during this yoga session and feel deep relaxation.
- Release this pose by moving your both hand back and slowly raise yourself in upwards direction.
Health Benefits of Balasana (The Child’s Pose) Yoga Posture –
The Child Pose has lots of health benefits and few of them are –
- Balasana yoga helps to relieve stress and fatigue.
- The pose helps lengthen and stretch out the spine.
- It relieves stress and anxiety and makes the mind peaceful.
- Excellent exercise for lower back pain.
- It gives a good stretch to the shoulder muscles, back muscles and the arms.
- Increase blood circulation to your whole body.
Contradictions & Precautions for Balasana Yoga Pose –
You have to follow some precautions before doing The Child Pose Yoga session and these limitations are –
- If suffering from knees injuries or diarrhoea should not do this asana.
- Pregnant women should avoid this yoga asana.
- High Blood Pressure patient should avoid this yoga posture.
- In case of lower back injury.
Finally, you get to know what is the exact posture for Balasana Yoga and what are the major benefits of The Child Pose. It is very easy to perform but still has any confusion then take an help from above section. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their health benefits.