Bakasana Yoga – Bakasana Yoga is also known as The Crane Pose because it is very similar to the body posture of a crane. The crane is an Asian symbol of happiness and youthfulness. It also stands for longevity in Chinese symbolism. In Sanskrit, ‘baka’ means ‘crane’ and ‘asana’ means ‘pose’. That’s why we called it The Crane Pose. Bakasana is a compact arm levelling posture that helps in strengthening the arms similarly as the abdominal organs. Bakasana Yoga Posture develops a sense of balance and coordination in our body. The Crane Pose Yoga exercise is very difficult to perform because in this posture we put our body weight on both hands. For this, we need a good strength of the wrist, hands and shoulders.
Bakasana Yoga asana image also looks like Kakasana but there is only a slight difference between the two. Here we will discuss what is the exact posture for Bakasana Yoga and how can we perform it. Here we placed The Crane Pose image before going to start this yoga session.
Steps to do Bakasana or The Crane Pose Yoga Posture –
This yoga position is not so easy to perform as you can see above image. So here we provide detailed steps to perform this yoga asana in the easiest way. For this, follow below-given steps carefully –
- First, set your body in Tadasana Position.
- Now set your feet a few inches apart and place the hands on the floor and let the palms feel the floor.
- Now separate your knees wider than your hips and lean the torso forward, between the inner thighs.
- Slightly lift yourself in upwards direction by using palms.
- Bend you’re both legs and knees should touch the outside of the hands.
- Make sure that your core muscles are engaged as your knees come closer to your upper triceps.
- Now put your body weight on both palms and try to balance your body in this situation.
- Now you are in final position take a deep breath and remain in the position as long as you can.
- Release this posture and slowly lower your feet on the floor and take a deep breath.
Health Benefits of The Crane Pose or Bakasana Yoga Session –
Bakasana Yoga exercise is not so easy to perform but don’t worry about it you will be able to do it by few practise session. In the above section, we mentioned all the necessary steps to perform this yoga posture. Now come to the main points that are what is the health benefits of Bakasana Yoga Session and how it will affect our body. For this, check below-given benefits list –
- Strengthens our wrists, arms, abdomen and shoulders.
- Bakasana Yoga increase mental & physical strength.
- Balances our nervous system and strengthens the core.
- Gives good stretch to upper back.
- It increases the sense of balance and focus.
- Removes tension and anxiety and gives a positive attitude.
Contraindications and Precautions for Bakasana Yoga or Crane Pose –
In few conditions, you have to avoid The Crane Yoga Pose and these precautions are –
- If you have chronic wrist pain then avoid this yoga asana.
- In case of any injury which is related to your arms and shoulder.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Pregnant women should avoid this Yoga posture.
- If you have any Heart-related issue.
So that’s all about Bakasana (The Crane Pose) Yoga Position and its health benefits. Yoga is good for health so do it on regular basis and keep in touch with us for more yoga type.